Academy for Dental Assistants Shows their Appreciation to our Troops
In recognition of the outstanding service of the U.S. Military, Academy for Dental Assistants Florida Dental Assisting School will be hosting a new scholarship for individuals whom have served, are serving, or are immediate family members of past or present service members. The Tampa-based technical school offers the $1000 Educational Scholarship to show their appreciation to members and the families of the U.S. Army, U.S. Navy, U.S. Marines, U.S. Air Force, and U.S Coast Guard.
The Academy for Dental Assistants provides high-quality, state-approved programs for dental healthcare employees who wish to enter the field with higher prospects or accelerate their career with professional training and certification. Scholarship funds will be awarded to eligible individuals in the form of a $1000 voucher that will go towards tuition for The Academy for Dental Assistants 12-Week Dental Assistant Training Program being held in October 2017. Funds are non-transferable and can only be used for the 12-week Training Program in October.
Eligibility – You Must Act Fast!
• Applicant must be an individual OR the child of an individual who has served honorably or is currently serving in the U.S. Army, U.S. Navy, U.S. Marines, U.S. Air Force, or U.S Coast Guard.
• Applicant must be able to show proof of military connection for yourself, spouse, or dependent.
• Applicant must be over the age of 18 years old – if the applicant is under 18 years of age then parent/guardian signature is required.
• Applicant must be willing to attend either the Monday OR Monday/Evening classes which start on October 30, 2017. Details can be found on the Academy for Dental Assistants website.
• Applicant must submit a short essay (2 pages or less, typed, double-spaced) highlighting how the military has impacted their lives and how a career as a Dental Assistant will affect their future.
Recipients for the 2017 Academy for Dental Assistants $1000 Education Scholarship will be chosen from among the applicants by a Scholarship Committee appointed by the Director of Academy for Dental Assistants. Each application will be considered individually by the Scholarship Committee and made without regard to race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, religious belief, national origin, rank, or service of the sponsor.
Upon accepting the scholarship voucher, the recipient will be giving Academy for Dental Assistants permission to use the recipient’s application essay for use in Academy’s publications, newsletter, website, social media, and marketing materials, etc.
12-Week Dental Assistant Training Program
The 12-week program requires no prior experience and will prepare the individual for employment in a dental office as an Extended Functions Dental Assistant. Students will be trained in the proper use of equipment, the procedures involved in dentistry, and how to assist a dentist as they treat patients. After the 12-week program, students complete a 200-hour internship before being awarded their Florida state-approved EFDA and X-Ray Certification.
The course is a web hybrid format consisting of an independent study portion as well as hands-on training with dental experts once a week. Students are free to study online materials at home and attend the Academy for Dental Assistants training program in a top-ranked technical facility to apply their knowledge and gain the experience and confidence it takes to become a healthcare professional.
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING!
Ronda Miller, the Founder and President of Academy for Dental Assistants reflect emotionally, “As part of the military family and married to a military member that was deployed for 10 months and understand the toll the military deployments can have on a family. I am grateful for the sacrifice of all our military members and wanted to do something to show our appreciation.”
“As the Director for Academy of Dental Assistants and a previous dental assistant and part of the United States Military family,” Ronda elaborates on the difference she is committed to making, “I know first hand what a fulfilling career dental assisting can be. You can remain a dental assistant or utilize this career as a chance to gain experience in the dental field and utilize that experience to move on to dental hygiene or dental school. This is the opportunity of a lifetime, and I am determined to make a profound difference for the families that give so much for our country!”
Begin Your Application Today – Classes Start Soon!
Don’t miss your chance to apply and take the first step towards technical certification in healthcare. All application materials, including online application form, essay, and proof of Military Affiliation must be submitted and postmarked by September 30, 2017.
List of Required Materials:
- Online Application – This form is required and must be submitted online. The online application form can be found at: https://academy4da.com/1000-educational-scholarship/
- Verification of affiliation with the Military by qualified documentation of the sponsor’s service (e.g. Department of Defense Form DD-214, Honorable Discharge Certificate, Military ID, etc.)
- The application requires a short essay (2 pages or less, typed, double-spaced) highlighting how the military has impacted their lives and how this career will affect their future. The essay can address career goals as related to the completion of the Dental Assistant Training Program and should include how the military has impacted their life. The essay should include the applicants name, email address and phone number, be in the form of a word document or PDF and should be uploaded and submitted with the application found on the Academy for dental Assistants website: www.academy4da.com
- Deadline for application September 30, 2017
About Academy for Dental Assistants
Academy for Dental Assistants is a Florida Dental Assisting School in the Tampa, St Petersburg area approved by the Florida Board of Dentistry to provide a Florida Dental Assistant Certifications from the Florida Board of Dentistry. Academy for Dental Assistants has been partnering and very supportive of military families since it’s inceptions.
“We love, honor and thank you for your service!” – Ronda Miller, Director (Military Family Member)
Academy for Dental Assistants
4911 Park Street N – Suite B
St. Petersburg, FL 33709
Phone: (727) 914-0599
Fax: (727) 279-4631
Company Name: MaxGroup Media
Contact Person: Mark Skovron, Ph.D. | Editor in Chief
Phone: (888) 670-7771
Address:15331 W. Bell Road, Suite 212
Country: United States