Africa Malaria Diagnosis & Treatment Market Information, by Diagnosis (Rapid Diagnostic Tests (RDT’s), Molecular diagnostics, Microscopy), by Malarial Parasite (Plasmodium Falciparum, Plasmodium Vivax, Plasmodium Malariae and Plasmodium Ovale) – Forecast till 2023
Malaria is an infectious disease caused by parasitic protozoa of the Plasmodium type. The symptoms include fever, fatigue, vomiting, and severe headaches and may lead to seizures, coma, or even death if untreated. Malaria is primarily a disease of the tropical and subtropical regions. The carrier of malaria is the female anopheles mosquito and hence there is a seasonal variation in the cases of malaria. Most cases of malaria are caused by P. falciparum because other types of plasmodium such as P. vivax, P. ovale, and P. malariae generally cause a milder form of malaria.
According to World Health Organization (WHO), the global incidence of malaria between 2010 and 2015, fell by 21% and the malaria mortality fell by 29%. However the African region carries a disproportionately high share of the global malaria burden and accounted for 90% of malaria cases and 92% of malaria deaths worldwide and sub-Saharan Africa accounted for 76% of malaria cases and 75% deaths globally.
Thus, unmet medical needs is the single most important driver of malaria. Other important market drivers are the hot and humid climatic conditions of certain parts of Africa, presence of population groups at higher risk of contracting malaria such as infants, children under 5 years of age, patients with low immunity such as those with HIV/AIDS, mobile populations and travelers.
Get a Sample report at https://www.marketresearchfuture.com/sample_request/2952 .
The growth of government programs against malaria and the support given by international bodies such as WHO is also a market driver. The market barriers include high cost of imported malaria diagnostic kits, low penetration of healthcare in Africa, low per capita income, low number of healthcare professionals in Africa etc. The political causes include massive corruption, low political power of citizens especially in nondemocratic nations, civil war in regions such as Malawi etc.
Taking all factors into consideration, we expect the Africa malaria diagnosis market to reach around $ 2418.92 million from $ 550 million in 2017, by the end of the forecast period at a CAGR of ~ 28.0 %. While the malaria treatment market will grow by a CAGR of 8.1% to reach around $ 7180.7 million from $ 4500.0 million in 2016.
Study Objectives for Africa Malaria Diagnosis & Treatment Market:
- To provide detail analysis of the market structure along with forecast for the next 6 years of the various segments and sub-segments of the Africa malaria diagnosis & treatment market
- To provide insights about factors affecting the market growth
- To analyze the market based on various factors – price analysis, supply chain analysis, porters five force analysis etc.
- To provide historical and forecast revenue of the market segments and sub-segments for Africa malaria diagnosis & treatment market
- To provide country level analysis of the market with respect to the current market size and future prospective
- To provide country level analysis of the market for segments by product type, by technique, malarial parasite and other sub segments.
- To provide overview of key players and their strategic profiling in the market, comprehensively analyzing their core competencies, and drawing a competitive landscape for the market
- To track and analyze competitive developments such as joint ventures, strategic alliances, mergers and acquisitions, new product developments, and research and developments.
- Malaria Diagnostics Manufacturers and Suppliers
- Medical Drugs Manufacturers and Suppliers
- Private Research Laboratories
- Research and Development (R&D) Companies
- Market Research and Consulting Service Providers
- Government Research Laboratories
- Contract Manufacturing Organizations
Get a discount at https://www.marketresearchfuture.com/check-discount/2952
Key Players for Africa Malaria Diagnosis & Treatment Market:
Some of the key players in this market are: Alere Inc., Access Bio Inc., Premier Medical Corporation, Beckman Coulter/Danaher, bioMerieux, Novartis Diagnostics, Siemens Healthcare, Bio-Rad Laboratories, Cipla Inc., Ipca Laboratories Ltd., Uni-Med India, Pfizer Inc., Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Sanofi among others.
Africa Malaria Diagnosis & Treatment Market has been segmented on the basis of technique which comprises rapid diagnostic tests (RDT’S), molecular diagnostics and microscopy. On the basis of malarial parasite; market is segmented into plasmodium falciparum, plasmodium vivax, plasmodium malariae and plasmodium ovale.
Regional Analysis of Africa Malaria Diagnosis & Treatment Market:
The healthcare sector of Africa is divided between private and state. The public healthcare expenditure accounts for approximately 48 % of total health expenditure in 2014 with variation in different countries. Local manufacturing represents a poor outlook which is limited to consumables and ordinary articles and there are a handful of high tech devices manufacturers. Africa is extremely dependent on imports for medical devices and imports account for approximately 90 % of total market for medical devices and Chinese medical device suppliers dominate the scenario. Among the regions of Africa, South Africa and Egypt account for 40 % of market. Other important nations are Nigeria, Morocco and Algeria. Collaboration with large global companies and technical transfer will remain the key strategy for developing the regional African market as can be seen by the example of China.
Company Name: Market Research Future
Contact Person: Akash Anand
Phone: +1 646 845 9312
Address:Market Research Future Office No. 528, Amanora Chambers Magarpatta Road, Hadapsar, Pune –