The Global Bone Growth Stimulator Market is expected to reach USD 1.4 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Escalating demand for non-invasive and minimally invasive treatments is a major factor estimated to boost market growth during the forecast period. Some advantages offered by minimally invasive surgeries are smaller incisions, low risk of infections, speedy recovery, shorter stay at the hospital, reduced scarring, and minimal blood loss during surgery. Thus, there is high adoption of Bone Morphogenetic Proteins (BMP) and Platelet-rich Plasma (PRP) for minimally invasive spinal and orthopedic surgeries, which is expected to boost market growth.
Rising number of trauma and accident cases is another major factor projected to support growth of the bone growth stimulator market. According to WHO, around 20 to 50 million people are injured every year due to road accidents. Road accidents and trauma are likely to result in severe spinal injuries as well as delayed union or non-union of bone fractures, which is projected to drive demand for bone growth stimulators.
Full Research Report On Global Bone Growth Stimulator Market Analysis:
U.S. bone growth stimulator market by product, 2014 – 2025 (USD million)
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- Bone growth stimulation devices segment was the largest revenue grossing segment of the market in 2016 owing to high demand for noninvasive treatments by patients as well as product advancements
- PRP segment is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period owing to its growing popularity for bone and soft tissue healing, as well as its favorable safety profile and potential promising outcome for development of regenerative treatments
- In the application segment, the spinal fusion surgeries segment accounted for the largest share in 2016 and is projected to maintain its dominance during the forecast period owing to escalating number of spinal injuries, fractures, and spinal stenosis
- The hospitals segment accounted for the largest share in the overall market and is expected to maintain its dominance during the study period due to escalating number of admissions of patients suffering from traumatic injuries, road accidents, spinal injuries, and bone fractures
- North America dominated the overall market in 2016 mainly due to the existence of several leading medical device companies in this region and highly developed healthcare infrastructure
- The Asia Pacific market is projected to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period. Rising number road accidents and developing healthcare infrastructure in Asian countries, including China, India, and Indonesia, are major factors contributing to growth in this region
- Some of the major players are Orthofix Holdings, Inc.; Medtronic; Zimmer Biomet; DJO Global, Inc; Bioventus; Stryker; DePuy Synthes Companies; Arthrex, Inc.; Isto Biologics; and Terumo BCT, Inc.
View more reports of this category by Grand View Research at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/medical-devices
Grand View Research has segmented the Global Bone Growth Stimulator Market on the basis of product, application, end use, and region:
Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 – 2025)
- Bone growth stimulation devices
- External bone growth stimulators
- Combined Magnetic Field (CMF) devices
- Capacitive Coupling (CC) devices
- Pulsed Electromagnetic Field (PEMF) devices
- Implanted bone growth stimulators
- Ultrasonic bone growth stimulators
- Bone Morphogenetic Proteins (BMP)
- Platelet-rich Plasma (PRP)
Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 – 2025)
- Spinal fusion surgeries
- Delayed union & nonunion bone fractures
- Oral and maxillofacial surgeries
End-Use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 – 2025)
- Hospitals and clinics
- Home care
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 – 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
View Press Release Of This Report by Grand View Research:
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
For more Information visit: www.grandviewresearch.com
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States