The Global Level Sensor Market is anticipated to reach USD 5.48 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The food industry has traditionally lagged behind other industries in adopting new technologies. However, growing advancements in computer technology, coupled with stringent regulations for improved food quality and safety, have resulted in the rising need to automate manufacturing processes, thereby leading to an increased demand for level sensors in the food processing industry.
The production and processing of food and beverages are governed by networks of law codes, practices, regulations, and guidance to reduce the risk of delivering potentially harmful products to consumers. In food processing industries, the pressure and level measurement are required in the filter, tanks, and piping. Pressure instruments include numerous applications, such as maintaining the balance of silos, storage tanks, flavor systems, filling machines, mixing processes, and pasteurization, among others.
Micro-Electro-Mechanical Systems (MEMS), a part of non-contact type sensors, is expected to witness considerable growth over the projected period. MEMS sensors are expected to play a key role in the automotive safety and infotainment applications. The need for higher accuracy, rapid data transmission, and self-test capabilities are the key factors driving the demand for MEMS in automotive applications.
Nanotechnology-enabled sensors are offering physical, chemical, and biological sensing features that enable an increased level of detection specificity, portability, and sensitivity for a wide range of safety and environmental measurements. The U.S. National Nanotechnology Initiative (NNI) recognizes the considerable potential for nanotechnology, which has triggered the development of portable devices that can rapidly detect, quantify, and identify chemical and biological substances.
NNI has launched Nanotechnology Signature Initiatives (NSI) that is integrated with NNI to explore the use of nanotechnology for the following:
- To overcome technical barriers associated with conventional sensors, nanotechnology and nanoscale materials are used to build more accurate, sensitive, and adaptable sensors.
- New sensors are being developed to detect engineered nanomaterials across their lifecycles to assess their potential impact on health, environment, and safety.
Compliance with regulations and standards in the food & beverage industry is the most demanding challenge for measuring instruments and sensors. Product design must comply with industry guidelines issued by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Programmable measuring instruments and specialized accessories are likely to drive the market demand over the forecast period.
Full Research Report on Global Level Sensor Market Analysis:
U.S. level sensor market by application, 2014 – 2025 (USD Million)
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- The growing development of nanotechnology sensors is likely to influence the market growth over the forecast period.
- The non-contact type technology is anticipated to witness significant growth with a CAGR of over 7.1% over the projected period.
- Dry bulk level sensors are used as a full indicator in silos for the storage of grain, as a jam detector in the discharge hopper of a spiral conveyor for grain, and as level controller in the flour silos of large bakeries.
- The North American market is anticipated to dominate the level sensor in terms of revenue in 2016
- The prevailing large existing consumer base and government initiatives to control carbon emissions are the key factors driving the North American regional growth.
- Asia Pacific is expected to portray the highest growth over the forecast period as it is the major hub for refineries and chemical and petrochemical processing units.
- The key players in the market include Gems Sensors & Control, Inc. (U.S.), BinMaster, Inc. (U.S.), Bindiacator (U.S.) Honeywell International, Inc (U.S.).
View more reports of this category by Grand View Research at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/sensors-and-controls
Level sensor market by technology, 2015 (%)
Grand View Research has segmented the Global Level Sensor Market on the basis of technology, application, and region:
Level Sensor Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 – 2025)
- Contact type/point level
- Non-contact type/continuous level
Level Sensor Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 – 2025)
- Consumer electronics
- Industrial process
- Oil & gas
- Dry bulk
Level Sensor Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 – 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
View Press Release Of This Research Report By Grand View Research:
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
For more Information, visit us: www.grandviewresearch.com
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States