The Global Cell Counting Market is expected to reach USD 1.7 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Government initiatives working to promote development of cell therapeutics, wherein cell counting plays an imperative role, is expanding growth prospects for the market. As a result of extensive R&D activities, the number of diseases treated with the help of stem cells increased to 82 in 2016 from 27 in 2005. Also, California Institute for Regenerative Medicine’s funding of USD 271 million for stem cell therapy created 12 R&D facilities in California, and these facilities brought approximately USD 543 million funding. In addition, it is also funded by National Institutes of Health (NIH), which approximately invested USD 1,429 million in 2015.
Increase in the number of collaborations of research institutes with various public and private entities to promote R&D has provided significant boost to the market. Growing number of proposed guidelines and recommendations for public and private laboratories to ensure high-quality standards and facilitate generation of accurate results are likely to improve adoption of instruments over the coming years. For instance, in May 2016, the International Society for Stem Cell Research updated guidelines for the development of cell-based therapy and research. The proposed guidelines focus on all stages of R&D and improve quality of preclinical studies.
Full Research Report on Global Cell Counting Market Analysis:
U.S. cell counting market by product, 2014 – 2025 (USD million)
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- Spectrophotometers accounted forthe largest market share in 2016. This can be attributed to high penetration in various applications such as toxicology studies, bioprocessing, and others
- Automated counters were anticipated to grow at an exponential rate during the forecast period. Benefits such as short testing time, reduced error occurrence, and interoperator variability are expected to further increase demand for automated counters
- In the end-use segment, research and academic institutes accounted for the largest market share in 2016, owing to growing number of government initiatives focused toward promoting R&D in various toxicology studies
- Research and academic institutes are also expected to witness exponential growth opportunities, owing to the growing adoption of instruments for optimum drug concentration in therapeutics
- North America held the largest share of the market, owing to increase in number of supportive initiatives to fund R&D, which is anticipated to result in higher adoption of automated instruments
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to grow with a lucrative CAGR during the forecast period. This lucrative growth rate is a consequence of improvements in testing facilities
- Level of competition is high as key players are adopting strategies such as new product development and strategic collaborations & agreements to gain competitive advantage
View more reports of this category by Grand View Research at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/medical-devices
Global cell counting market share by region, 2016 (%)
Grand View Research has segmented the Global Cell Counting Market on the basis of product, end use, and region:
Cell Counting Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Flow Cytometers
- Hematology Analyzers
- Cell Counters
- Consumables & Accessories
Cell Counting End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Hospitals & Diagnostic Laboratories
- Research & Academic Institutes
- Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies
Cell Counting Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
View Press Release of this research report by Grand View Research:
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
For More Information: www.grandviewresearch.com
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States