The global bioprosthetics market is expected to reach USD 6.41 billion by 2024, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The unprecedented upward shift in the lifestyle-associated habits leading to the high prevalence of cardiovascular diseases coupled with the increasing geriatric population base,which is highly susceptible to developing cardiac impairments and tissue damage,are presumed to impel the demand for the bioprosthetics market during the forecast period.
Lower biocompatibility, aesthetics, and strength exhibited by the synthetic material-based prosthetics indicate the indisputable requirement for incorporating bioprosthetics; consequentially, the increasing need for the tissue-engineered autologous, allogenic or xenograft products is anticipated to present the market with lucrative growth opportunities.
The growth in the demand for bioprostheses is attributed mainly to technological advancements comprising trans catheter valve fabrication technology, the construction of which involves a multidisciplinary approach, wherein wide-ranging technologies borrowed from varied devices including balloon angioplasty and coronary stents as well as medical disciplines, such as cardiac surgery and interventional cardiology, are merged to introduce a revolutionary quantum leap in the transcatheter valve replacement procedures. Moreover, a combination of the non-invasive imaging techniques, such as, echo cardiography angiography, MRI, and CT, are increasingly being employed, which allows the surgeons to visualize both the device and the anatomy of the patient thus eliminating the need to conduct an open heart surgery.
Full Research Report On Global Bioprosthetics Market Analysis:
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- The allograft segment is expected to exhibit growth at a significant CAGR of over 10.0% during the forecast period. This is a consequence of the following associated advantages such as reduced surgical time, smaller incisions, greater physiological acceptability, availability of larger grafts, and a safer alternative to procedures that employ synthetic grafts as they pose a high risk of complications under anesthesia
- The plastic surgery and wound healing segment is anticipated to witness an exponential CAGR of over 11.0% in the application segment over the forecast period. This substantial share can be attributed to the increasing number of soft tissue repair procedures, such as in hernia and abdominal wall reconstruction
- Additionally, as per a research published by the NCBI, the increase in case complexities drive the need to apply a multidisciplinary approach in performing the above-mentioned procedures, which augments the use of these bioprosthetics meshes to decrease the morbidity associated with chronic impairments
- In 2015, Europe dominated the overall bioprosthetics market at over 40.0%. Moreover, the subsequent changes in the demographic trends, such as the frequent product approvals, increasing geriatric population base, lifestyle-associated changes, and the high awareness levels pertaining to the availability of bioprosthetics solutions are anticipated to drive the market growth in this region
- For instance, In April 2016, St. Jude Medical, Inc. announced the European launch of Trifecta Surgical Valve to provide enhanced alternatives to patients requiring aortic valve replacements. This launch resulted in the expansion of the existing product portfolio of St. Jude Medical, Inc. in Europe
- Some leading players in this industry include Edwards Lifesciences Corporation, St.Jude Medical, Inc., Sorin Group, CryoLife, Inc., Braile Biomedica, Inc., and Medtronic Plc; these players are increasingly involved in adopting collaborative strategies and launching frequent product approvals to facilitate business expansion
- For instance, in March 2016, Edwards Lifesciences Corporation received an approval for the SAPIEN 3 Valve in Japan for the treatment of patients suffering from aortic stenosis. Additionally, the rising involvement of the players in this vertical toward developing and enhancing the supply of bioprosthetics through strategic alliances is likely to provide the market with a high potential growth platform in the future
View more reports of this category by Grand View Research at:
Grand View Research has segmented the bioprosthetics market on the basis of type, application,and region:
Global bioprosthetics type outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2013 – 2024)
Global bioprosthetics application outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2013 – 2024)
- Plastic surgery & wound healing
Bioprosthetics regional outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2013 – 2024)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- South Africa
View press release of this research report by Grand View Research:
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
For more information: www.grandviewresearch.com
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States