WiseGuyReports published new report, titled “The Baby Food Sector in Thailand”
“The Baby Food Sector in Thailand 2017″, is an analytical report by which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Thailand market.
The environment in Thailand has not been conducive towards the development of the baby food sector, which underwent a 7.5% drop in consumption between 2010 and 2016. Women are increasingly employed in professional and skilled jobs. This is likely to mean an increase in income, but a decrease in spare time, and in general has a tendency to favor the purchase of baby foods. The baby food sector is forecast to show some recovery in volume terms over the next six years, due to higher per capita consumption in all categories, and despite the expectation that the number of births will continue to decrease. Sales of baby milks are expected to show slow growth. Consumption of cereals will remain more or less stable, while the very small meals category will show buoyant growth.
What else does this report offer?
– Consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the industry.
– Detailed profile of the companies operating and new companies considering entry in the industry along with their key focus product sectors.
– Market profile of the various product sectors with the key features & developments, segmentation, per capita trends and the various manufacturers & brands.
– Overview of baby food retailing with a mention of the major retailers in the country along with the distribution channel.
– Future projections considering various trends which are likely to affect the industry.
– The baby food sector continues to be fairly sluggish compared with the boom years a decade ago. The environment has not been conducive towards the development of the baby food sector, which underwent a 7.5% drop in consumption between 2010 and 2016.
– Sales are dominated by milks, at 93% of value and 92.5% of volume, but consumption has declined and prices have come under pressure, holding down the value increase to 13%.
– Wet meals have been the only segment to show volume growth, as they are primarily purchased by affluent working women, who are less affected by economic difficulties, but this remains a tiny segment, accounting for less than 3% of both value and volume
– Multinationals enjoy a high profile, with the top three holding over 90% of sales. Most are involved primarily or exclusively in the milks sector.
– Thailand has one of the lowest levels of exclusive breastfeeding in the world, and this, combined with growing affluence, led to growth in milk consumption up to 2008.
– In August 2014, UNICEF and its partners launched the “powdered milk = risk” campaign, aimed at preventing mothers from mistakenly believing that formula-milk is as good as breast milk for their babies.
Key points to buy
– Evaluate important changes in consumer behavior and identify profitable markets and areas for product innovation.
– Analyse current and forecast behavior trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit.
– Detailed understanding of consumption by individual product categories in order to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
– Investigates which categories are performing the best and how this is changing market dynamics.
Table of Contents
Birth: Live Birth Rates
Live Births by Region
Other Baby Food
Wise Guy Reports is part of the Wise Guy Research Consultants Pvt. Ltd. and offers premium progressive statistical surveying, market research reports, analysis & forecast data for industries and governments around the globe.
Company Name: Wiseguyreports.com
Contact Person: Norah Trent
Phone: +1 646 845 9349, +44 208 133 9349