WiseGuyReports published new report, titled “UK Employers’ Liability Insurance”
“UK Employers’ Liability Insurance: Market Dynamics and Opportunities 2017″, report tracks the health and the shape of the UK employers’ liability market, taking into account market size, profitability and performance ratios, and the claims environment. The context of the UK’s economic growth, business landscape, and the impact of a post-Brexit environment are all taken into consideration to build a full picture of this space. Key announcements, shifts in the market, and likely future changes are analyzed for impact across all relevant stakeholders.
The unexpected extent of changes to the Ogden rate has shaken the employers’ liability (EL) market. Premium rate rises have been forced on a sector characterized by over-capacity and high levels of competition. In spite of recent rate increases, underlying market dynamics persist, and the sector faces a period of continued turbulence due to uncertainties over key pieces of legislation and the performance of the economy.
– UK EL market gross written premium (GWP) contracted by 7.4% in 2016.
– Insurers have responded to the 2017 discount rate change with significant reserve strengthening and premium rate rises, which has led to estimates of more robust GWP growth.
– The number of accident and disease EL claims recorded fell significantly in 2016-17 (-15.2%) as a result of the impact of the LASPO spike.
– Noise-induced hearing loss claims waned in combination with continued improvements in workplace health and safety.
Key points to buy
– Review your strategy against both the existing and new challenges regarding the employers’ liability market.
– Benchmark against the market’s experience of market size, growth, performance, and claims environment.
Table of Contents
1 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
2. MARKET DYNAMICS
3. DEVELOPMENTS IN 2017 AND BEYOND
Wise Guy Reports is part of the Wise Guy Research Consultants Pvt. Ltd. and offers premium progressive statistical surveying, market research reports, analysis & forecast data for industries and governments around the globe.
Company Name: Wiseguyreports.com
Contact Person: Norah Trent
Phone: +1 646 845 9349, +44 208 133 9349