Europe’s rail network is comparatively mature compared to other less developed regions. There are however large developments planned in Eastern Europe including the highest value project in the study in Russia the US$157 billion Moscow–Yekaterinburg High Speed Railway Line and the two major projects in the UK the Crossrail project and High Speed 2. France continues to be a major investor in its rail network and already has over 2,500km of high speed railway in operation. The report provides detailed analysis, information and insights based on 465 CIC projects in Europe. The report provides detailed metrics on the region’s railway construction projects (as tracked by CIC) split by country, type (e.g. high speed, conventional commuter and mass rapid transit/metros) and value. Country profiles are provided for the top 10 countries including Russia, France and the UK.
Construction Intelligence Center (CIC) is currently tracking railway construction projects in Europe with a total value of US$1.13 trillion, which includes projects from the announced to execution stages. The projects tracked in Europe account for 35,452km of railway.
Russia leads with a value of US$267.5 billion with the country’s highest value project being the US$157.0 billion Moscow–Yekaterinburg High Speed Railway Line followed by France with US$204.2 billion and its highest value project the US$38.1 billion Lyon–Turin High Speed Rail.
Annual spending on the 465 projects tracked is expected to reach US$130.5 billion in 2020.
Leading contractors in the region are the two French companies VINCI and Eiffage Construction followed by Skanska.
The report provides analysis based on CIC projects showing total project values for Europe and analysis by stage and funding for the top ten countries. The top 50 projects are listed for the region giving country, stage, value, km length and rail sector if known. Ranked listings of the top participants for the sector are also provided showing the leading contractors, consulting engineers and project owners.
Reasons to Buy
• Gain insight into main drivers of activity and forecasts for the railway construction sector.
• Assess al major projects by value, start date, scope and stage of development for the region and top 10 countries to support business development activities.
• Plan campaigns by country based on specific project opportunities and align resources to the most attractive markets.
• The highest value of projects are at the execution stage, with US$467.2 billion, followed by projects at the pre-execution stage with US$330.2 billion.
• Projects in the planning stage amount to US$185.5 billion, while projects in the pre-planning stage account for US$150.5 billion.
• Railway projects tracked in the region account for 35,452km.
• Russia accounts for highest value of railway projects with US$267.6 billion.
Table of Content: Key Points
1. Regional Overview
2. Key Operators
3. Project Analytics by Country
3.3. The UK
Get in touch:
Company Name: Wiseguyreports.com
Contact Person: Norah Trent
Phone: +1 646 845 9349, +44 208 133 9349