The Global Narcolepsy Therapeutics Market is expected to reach USD 3.85 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The increasing awareness about this sleep disorder among public and healthcare providers is a key factor contributing to the market growth.
The Narcolepsy Network has estimated that out of every 2,000 people 1 is afflicted by this condition. Moreover, Narcolepsy UK states that around 25% patients are identified and remaining 75% are untreated as they remain undiagnosed or are misdiagnosed, which is alarming. Some organizations and networks are constantly working to spread awareness about this condition among the patients and physicians.
Full Research Report on Global Narcolepsy Therapeutics Market Analysis:
U.S. narcolepsy therapeutics market, by type, 2014 – 2025 (USD Million)
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- The narcolepsy therapeutics market is expected to grow substantially owing to the worldwide increasing incidence of this disorder.
- Narcolepsy with cataplexy was identified as the largest type segment in 2016. It is expected to retain its position throughout the forecast period owing to the rising cases of cataplexy in patients suffering from narcolepsy.
- Narcolepsy without cataplexy is likely to witness the fastest growth over the forecast period due to increasing awareness about Excessive Daytime Sleepiness (EDS) through various mediums, such as awareness campaigns
- Sodium oxybate dominated the product segment in terms of revenue share in the year 2016, and it is also expected to be the fastest growing segment over the forecast period. Drugs belonging to this class have higher costs and favorable coverage policies.
- Xyrem is the only FDA-approved drug in this category and is extensively prescribed for the treatment of cataplexy and EDS. American Academy of Sleep Medicine (ASSM) recommends it as a standard treatment of this disorder.
- Europe dominated the regional market in terms of revenue share in 2016 because of increase in capital investments and existence of established healthcare infrastructure along with a large target population
- The H1N1 influenza postvaccination pandemic of the year 2009 has resulted in growth of number of narcolepsy patients
- Asia Pacific is likely to exhibit fastest growth during the forecast period due to the rising healthcare expenditure in this region, rising awareness among people, highest prevalence in Japan, and presence of emerging economies such as China & India
- Some of the major market players are Jazz Pharmaceuticals PLC;Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.;Graymark Healthcare, Inc.;Addrenex Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; and BIOPROJET.
- Mergers and acquisitions are strategic initiatives undertaken by these market players in an attempt to remain competitive. In addition, companies are expanding their geographical presence to untapped markets.
View more reports of this category by Grand View Research at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/pharmaceuticals
Global narcolepsy therapeutics market, by region, 2016 (%)
Grand View Research has segmented the Global Narcolepsy Therapeutics Market on the basis of type, product, and region:
Narcolepsy Therapeutics Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Narcolepsy with Cataplexy
- Narcolepsy Without Cataplexy
- Secondary Narcolepsy
Narcolepsy Therapeutics Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Central Nervous System Stimulants
- Sodium Oxybate
- Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor
- Tricyclic Antidepressants
Narcolepsy Therapeutics Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
View press release of this research report by Grand View Research:
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
For more information: www.grandviewresearch.com
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States