“Partnerships, Licensing, Investments and M&A Deals and Trends for August 2017 in Pharmaceuticals“, report is an essential source of data and trend analysis on partnerships, licensing, mergers and acquisitions (M&As) and financings in the pharmaceuticals industry. The report provides detailed information on partnership and licensing transactions, M&As, equity/debt offerings, private equity, and venture financing registered in the pharmaceuticals industry in August 2017. The report portrays detailed comparative data on the number of deals and their value in the last six months, subdivided by deal types, various therapy areas, and geographies. Additionally, the report provides information on the top financial advisory firms in the pharmaceuticals industry.
The pharmaceutical and healthcare industry reported a decrease in the number of deals and an increase in deal values in August 2017. The industry reported 317 deals worth USD31.5 billion in August 2017, compared to 339 deals worth USD29 billion in July 2017. The oncology therapeutics market remained at the top in deal activity in August 2017 with 99 deals. In second place, central nervous system therapeutics market reported 67 deals. Licensing agreements in pharmaceutical and healthcare industry registered a decrease in upfront payments. The segment reported USD53.8m as upfront payments in August 2017, compared to USD203.7m in July 2017. The number of deals in North America decreased to 191 in August 2017 from 225 in July 2017.
– Analysis of the market trends for the pharmaceutical industry in the global arena.
– Review of deal trends in the cardiovascular, central nervous system, dermatology, ear nose throat disorders, gastrointestinal, genito urinary system and sex hormones, hematological disorders, hormonal disorders, immunology, infectious disease, male health, metabolic disorders, mouth and dental disorders, musculoskeletal, oncology, ophthalmology, respiratory, toxicology, and women’s health segments.
– Analysis of partnerships, licensing, M&As, equity/debt offerings, private equity, and venture financing deals in the pharmaceutical industry.
– Analysis of therapy areas which are very active in terms of venture capital financing, partnerships, licensing agreements, equity/debt offerings, and M&As.
– Analysis of deals based on different payment modes, including upfront and milestone payments, primarily in partnerships and licensing agreements in the pharmaceutical industry.
– Analysis of partnership and licensing deals based on clinical stage of development of products.
– Summary of the pharmaceutical deals globally in the six months.
– Information on the top deals happened in the pharmaceutical industry.
– Geographies covered include – North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South & Central America, and the Middle East & Africa.
– League tables of financial advisors in M&As and equity/debt offerings. This includes key advisors such as Morgan Stanley, Credit Suisse, and Goldman Sachs.
Reasons to buy
– Enhance your decision making capability in a more rapid and time sensitive manner.
– Find out the major deal performing segments for investments in your industry.
– Evaluate the types of companies which are entering into partnership or licensing agreements; divesting and acquiring assets.
– Identify companies that are aggressively looking to raise capital in the market
– Evaluate niche therapy areas that are receiving majority of the upfront and milestone payments in the pharmaceutical industry.
– Identify the key venture capitalists, who are financing the pharmaceutical and biotech companies.
– Evaluate the clinical development stages where majority of the partnerships and licensing agreements are happening.
– Do deals with an understanding of how competitors are financed, and the mergers and partnerships that have shaped the pharmaceutical industry.
– Identify growth segments and opportunities in each region within the industry.
– Look for key financial advisors where you are planning to raise capital from the market or for acquisitions within the industry.
Table of Content: Key Points
1 Table of Contents 2
1.1 List of Tables 5
1.2 List of Figures 7
2 Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare, Global, Deal Summary 10
2.1 Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare, Global, Deal Analysis, August 2017 10
2.2 Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare, Global, Major Deals, August 2017 12
2.2.1 Gilead Sciences to Acquire Kite Pharma for USD11.9 Billion 12
2.2.2 Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Public Offering of Shares for USD1.5 Billion 13
2.2.3 Dermira Enters into Licensing Agreement with F. Hoffmann-La Roche and Genentech for Lebrikizumab 13
2.2.4 Bristol-Myers Squibb Acquires IFM Therapeutics 15
2.2.5 Roivant Sciences Raises USD1.1 Billion in Equity Investment 15
2.3 Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare, Global, by Type, Number of Deals, August 2017 16
2.4 Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare, Global, by Type, Deal Values, August 2017 17
3 Pharmaceuticals and Healthcare, Global, Deals, Summary, by Type 18
3.1 Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare, Global, M&A, August 2017 18
3.1.1 Top M&A Deals in August 2017 19
3.1.2 Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare, Global, M&A Deals by Therapy Area, March 2017 – August 2017 20
Get in touch:
Company Name: Wiseguyreports.com
Contact Person: Norah Trent
Phone: +1 646 845 9349, +44 208 133 9349