This report provides insight into the diversifying and highly lucrative diabetes mellitus (DM) market. Analysis has identified a high level of diversification in the market, which is of vital importance for investors and key market players. Furthermore, the report provides insight into groundbreaking drugs, and the threats that they are likely to encounter over the forecast period. Also identified are opportunities for investment and co-marketing in key BRIC economies, where the yearly incidence of T1DM is set to exceed the total number of T1DM patients in the US.
Request a sample report @ https://www.htfmarketreport.com/sample-report/785385-global-diabetes-drugs-market-3
This report also comprehensively reviews the strategies of key players in the DM market, and provides market share forecasts. Pipeline and marketed products are analyzed in detail, along with the impact that products expected to come to market between 2016 and 2023 will have on existing established products. Licensing and co-marketing deals in DM are analyzed by region and value.
There is a high unmet clinical need to develop favorable routes of administration for insulin products. Likewise, there is high unmet need for a curative or prophylactic treatment for both T1DM and T2DM.
There are currently over 800 products in the DM pipeline, with developmental molecules generally being aimed at improving on existing products. Most pipeline molecules are insulin or GLP-1 agonists. There are several combination therapy trials for the use of insulin receptor/GLP-1 agonists with other compounds – particularly SGLT-2 inhibitors. Among these products, an entirely novel SGLT1/2 inhibitor is expected to enter the market, and is expected to become a blockbuster drug, achieving licensed status for both T1DM and T2DM.
– Global revenue from the DM market between 2016 and 2023
– Novel compounds and new drugs achieving blockbuster status by 2023
– Analysis of market share changes for leading compounds by 2023
– Analysis of leading companies by market share
– Analysis of deals conducted during the 2006-2017 period
Place a Purchase Order For this Market Study (Single User License) at: https://www.htfmarketreport.com/buy-now?format=1&report=785385
Reasons to buy
– Understand the current treatment landscape, with profile assessments of key marketed products and a focus on historical and forecast sales patterns.
– Gain insight into a highly diversifying market for DM products, and the factors behind the significant changes projected in market share between key compounds.
– Analyze the DM pipeline through a comprehensive review of products, segmented by stage of development, molecule type and molecular target – as well as detailed profile assessments and multi-scenario revenue projections for the most promising late-stage pipeline candidates.
– Consider market opportunities and potential risks associated with attempting to bring pipeline products to market by examining trends in clinical trial size, duration and failure rate by stage of development, key indication, molecule type and molecular target.
– Predict growth in market size, with multi-scenario forecasting from 2016 to 2023. The forecasts will provide an understanding of how epidemiology trends, new drug entries, and patent expirations will influence market value.
– Identify the leading companies in the DM market and understand the factors that will influence growth and market share with profile assessments of key companies, including multi-scenario revenue projections.
– Identify commercial opportunities in the DM deals landscape by analyzing trends in licensing and co-development deals.
Get customization & check discount for report @ https://www.htfmarketreport.com/request-discount/785385-global-diabetes-drugs-market-3
1 Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents 4
1.1 List of Tables 6
1.2 List of Figures 7
2 Introduction 10
2.1 Overview 10
2.2 Classification of Diabetes 10
2.3 Symptoms 11
2.4 Diagnostic Criteria 11
2.5 Etiology 12
2.5.1 T1DM 12
2.5.2 T2DM 13
2.6 Pathophysiology 14
2.6.1 Physiology of Glucose Metabolism 14
2.6.2 T1DM Pathophysiology 15
2.6.3 T2DM Pathophysiology 16
2.7 Epidemiology 17
2.7.1 T1DM 18
2.7.2 T2DM 19
2.8 Comorbidities and Complications 20
2.9 Treatments 21
2.9.1 Insulin Therapy 21
2.9.2 Insulin Secretagogues 22
2.9.3 Thiazolidinediones 23
2.9.4 Biguanides 23
2.9.5 Dipeptidyl Peptidase 4 Inhibitors 23
2.9.6 Glucagon-Like Peptide-1 Receptor Agonists 24
2.9.7 Sodium-Glucose Co-Transporter-2 Inhibitors 24
2.9.8 Amylin Analogs 24
2.9.9 Combination Therapies 25
2.9.10 Non-pharmacological Therapy 25
3 Key Marketed Products 27
3.1 Overview 27
3.1.1 Market Share of the Top Five Grossing Drugs in 2016 27
3.1.2 Market Share of the Five Strongest Growing Blockbuster Drugs 28
3.2 Long-Acting Insulin Therapies (Basal Insulins) 29
3.2.1 Lantus (insulin glargine) – Sanofi 29
3.2.2 Levemir (insulin detemir) – Novo Nordisk 31
3.2.3 Tresiba (insulin degludec) – Novo Nordisk 32
3.2.4 Toujeo (insulin glargine) – Sanofi 33
3.3 Short-Acting Insulin Therapies (Bolus Insulins) 35
3.3.1 Humalog (insulin lispro) – Eli Lilly 35
3.3.2 Novolog (Insulin aspart) – Novo Nordisk 36
3.3.3 Apidra (insulin glulisine) – Sanofi 38
3.4 GLP-1 Receptor Agonists 39
3.4.1 Victoza (liraglutide) – Novo Nordisk 39
3.4.2 Trulicity (dulaglutide) – Eli Lilly 41
3.5 DPP-4 Inhibitors 42
3.5.1 Januvia (sitagliptin) – Merck and Co 42
3.5.2 Galvus (vildagliptin) – Novartis 44
3.5.3 Tradjenta (linagliptin) – Boehringer Ingelheim 45
3.6 SGLT-2 Inhibitors 46
3.6.1 Invokana (canagliflozin) – Johnson and Johnson 46
3.6.2 Jardiance (empagliflozin) – Boehringer Ingelheim 47
3.6.3 Farxiga (dapagliflozin) – AstraZeneca 49
3.7 Combination Therapies 50
3.7.1 Soliqua 100/33 (insulin glargine and lixisenatide) – Sanofi 50
3.7.2 Xultophy (insulin degludec and liraglutide) – Novo Nordisk 51
3.7.3 Janumet – Merck 52
3.7.4 Qtern (saxagliptin and dapagliflozin) – AstraZeneca 53
3.8 Unmet Needs 54
3.9 Conclusion 55
View Detailed Table of Content @ https://www.htfmarketreport.com/reports/785385-global-diabetes-drugs-market-3
Thanks for reading this article, you can also get individual chapter wise section or region wise report version like North America, Europe or Asia.
Company Name: HTF Market Intelligence Consulting Private Limited
Contact Person: Craig Francis
Address:Unit No. 429, Parsonage Road
State: New Jersey
Country: United States