Global Insurance industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2012-16, and forecast to 2021). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the global insurance market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends and leading companies.
– The insurance market consists of the non-life insurance sector and the life insurance sector. The value of the market is shown in terms of gross premium incomes.
– The life insurance sector consists of mortality protection and annuity.
– The non-life insurance sector consists of accident and health, and property and casualty insurance segments.
– All currency conversions have been calculated at constant annual 2016 average exchange rates.
– The global insurance market had total gross written premiums of $4,609.3bn in 2016, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4% between 2012 and 2016.
– The life insurance segment was the markets most lucrative in 2016, with total gross written premiums of $2,563.0bn, equivalent to 55.6% of the market’s overall value.
– The rapid emergence of the Asia-Pacific market, and particularly of the Chinese market, has largely contributed to the growth of the global market in recent years. This contribution becomes more apparent from the fact that developed markets such as the European and the US have grown below the global average since demand is constrained by high penetration of insurance products. Additionally, the low interest environment, especially in Europe, has reduced the investment income of insurers, limiting the underwriting capacity of insurers and their price flexibility on premiums. Most importantly, the life insurance segment was hurt most by this relaxed monetary policy as the reduced returns of these products have induced lower guarantees that are less attractive for consumers.
– Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the global insurance market
– Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global insurance market
– Leading company profiles reveal details of key insurance market players’ global operations and financial performance
– Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the global insurance market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
– What was the size of the global insurance market by value in 2016?
– What will be the size of the global insurance market in 2021?
– What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global insurance market?
– How has the market performed over the last five years?
– What are the main segments that make up the global insurance market?
Table of Content: Key Points
EXECUTIVE SUMMARY 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
What is this report about? 23
Who is the target reader? 23
How to use this report 23
Global Insurance 24
Market Overview 24
Market Data 25
Market Segmentation 26
Market outlook 28
Five forces analysis 29
Insurance in Asia-Pacific 40
Market Overview 40
Market Data 42
Market Segmentation 43
Market outlook 45
Five forces analysis 46
Insurance in Europe 57
Get in touch:
Company Name: Wiseguyreports.com
Contact Person: Norah Trent
Phone: +1 646 845 9349, +44 208 133 9349