Epilepsy is a brain disorder characterized by spontaneously occurring and recurrent seizures. Seizures result from abnormal electrical discharges in the brain and vary in their manifestations, from the brief staring spells that are characteristic of absence seizures, to full-body convulsions known as tonic-clonic seizure. Epilepsy can be considered a spectrum disorder due to its different causes, different seizure types, and different disease severities.
There are several anti-epileptic drugs (AEDs) on the market, with an older generation fully genericized across the 7MM (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK and, Japan) and a second generation, which are patent protected. There are five drugs in the late stage pipeline, which address some of the unmet needs in the market and, as such are expected to drive growth while patent expiries for major brand are expected to act as a barrier to growth for the epilepsy market over the forecast period.
Research estimates that drug sales for epilepsy in 2016 were approximately $6.1 billion across the seven major markets covered in this report. Over the 10-year forecast period, the market is expected to grow to $7.5 billion at a CAGR of 2.1%. This growth will be driven by the launch of five late-stage pipeline products. The two highest selling drugs are expected to be GW Pharmaceuticals’ Epidiolex (cannabidiol) and Zogenix’s flenfluramine, which both target rare, orphan epilepsy syndrome, are forecast to be the top selling pipeline drugs in the forecast period.
– Overview of epilepsy, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and disease management.
– Annualized epilepsy therapeutics market revenue, cost of therapy per patient, and treatment usage patterns in three patient segments (focal, generalized, and unclassified seizures) forecast from 2016 to 2026.
– Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, clinical trial mapping and implications for the epilepsy therapeutics market
– Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data assessing emerging trends and mechanisms of action under development for epilepsy therapy. The most promising candidates in Phase III development are profiled.
– Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global epilepsy therapeutics market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to buy
The report will enable you to –
– Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
– Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global epilepsy therapeutics market.
– Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global epilepsy therapeutics market in the future.
– Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analysing the performance of various competitors.
– Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
– Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Table of Content: Key Points
1 Table of Contents 2
1.1 List of Tables 7
1.2 List of Figures 9
2 Executive Summary 10
2.1 Epilepsy Market Anticipated To Grow to $7.5B by 2026 11
2.2 Companies Targeting Niche Epilepsy Types 12
2.3 Refractory Patients Are Still Underserved in the Epilepsy Market 14
2.4 Market Opportunities for New Entrants 15
2.5 Late-Stage Pipeline Drugs Will Be a Key Driver of Growth 16
2.6 What Do Physicians Think? 17
3 Introduction 21
3.1 Catalyst 21
3.2 Related Reports 21
3.3 Upcoming Related Reports 22
4 Disease Overview 23
4.1 Classification of Seizures 25
4.2 Etiology and Pathophysiology 28
4.2.1 Etiology 28
4.2.2 Pathophysiology 30
4.2.3 Prognosis 34
4.2.4 Quality of Life 35
5 Epidemiology 37
Get in touch:
Company Name: Wiseguyreports.com
Contact Person: Norah Trent
Phone: +1 646 845 9349, +44 208 133 9349