The global chromium market size is expected to reach USD 16.55 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., registering a 2.7% CAGR during the forecast period. Increasing demand from the stainless steel industry has been a key factor driving market growth globally. Robust growth of various end-use industries in Asia Pacific is fueling stainless steel demand and, in turn, demand for chromium.
Chromium finds extensive application across segments such as chrome plating and finishing, in production of synthetic rubies, metal ceramics, dyes and paints, and in various super alloys. It is also used in metallurgy to render a shiny finish and impart corrosion resistance.
Asia Pacific is witnessing increased demand for chromium due to booming manufacturing in automotive and electronics industries in the region. China and India are key contributors in these industries. Strong GDP growth rate, increasing income, and government support are driving automotive production in these countries. Moreover, stronger demand has been observed from lower-tier cities in these countries owing to decline in automobile prices.
Rising number of buyers on account of the unique properties exhibited by chromium, such as corrosion resistance and shiny texture, has led to low bargaining power of buyers. Growing demand for chromium in metal finishing and plating industry in Asia Pacific is expected to drive the market. However, the carcinogenic properties of chromium may lead to severe health effects, thereby hampering market growth.
Full Research Report On Chromium Market Analysis: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/chromium-market
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- The global chromium market was valued at USD 13.07 billion in 2016 and is expected denote a CAGR of 2.7% from 2017 to 2025
- Metallurgy was the largest application segment in 2016 and is expected to register a CAGR of 2.8% between 2017 and 2025
- The chemical segment was valued at USD 708.2 million in 2016 and is anticipated to witness moderate growth over the next eight years. Chromium-based chemicals include chrome oxide, chromic acid, and potassium dichromate
- The Asia Pacific market is projected to experience substantial growth over the next eight years owing to rising demand from various stainless steel end-use industries, especially automotive and aerospace. In terms of revenue, APAC is expected to register a CAGR of 3.1% between 2017 and 2025
- Key players including Kermas Group Ltd., Glencore PLC, Samancor Chrome, Assmang Proprietary Limited, Odisha Mining Corporation, Hernic Ferrochrome (Pty) Ltd., CVK Group, Al Tamman Indsil FerroChrome LLC, and Gulf Mining Group LLC are engaged in mining and production of chromium in the global market.
View More Reports Of This Category By Grand View Research At: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/automotive-and-aerospace-interior-materials
Grand View Research has segmented the global chromium market on the basis of application and region:
Chromium Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
Chromium Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
Access Full Press Release Of This Report By Grand View Research: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/press-release/global-chromium-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
For more information: www.grandviewresearch.com
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States