Skin can really sing the blues in winter. The combination of exceptionally dry, cold air, which indoor heating makes even drier, over bathing and the use of harsh soaps can strip the skin of moisture. Dry air also sucks the water out of skin like a sponge. So how to keep a radiant glow in the face of blustery winds and parching heated air? These winter skincare tips can help.
1. Shun drying skincare products. Steer clear of products that contain alcohols, harsh soaps or astringents. While they may claim to moisturize, these products strip the skin of natural oils leaving it dry and unprotected. Also, stay away from unhealthy synthetic ingredients like sulfates, parabens and mineral oil.
2. Skip the soap and hot water. When you’re chilled to the bone, a hot and bubbly bath or steamy shower may seem like just the thing. But hot water (and those bubbles!) can do a number on your skin. Stick to a lukewarm water and a body wash with natural oils that remain behind to protect the skin. Also, never air dry. Pat skin gently with a soft towel instead.
3. Nourish skin after bathing. Step out of the shower or tub and apply organic Argan oil while you’re skin is still damp, so it can soak up that nourishing goodness. If you like, you can follow up with your favorite rich and creamy moisturizer (healthy ingredients only, please!) for added protection and hydration.
4. Moisturize with facial oils. Water-based moisturizers can actually dry out your skin as that H2O is absorbed back into the air. Facial oils, like 004 Hydrating Oil or organic Argan oil, penetrate instantly, hydrate deeply and restore your skin’s natural barrier to protect it from the elements.
5. Slough it off. It’s especially important to exfoliate in the winter. Exfoliation refreshes and softens skin by removing dead cells and stimulating the upper dermis layer. It also preps your skin to better absorb the nourishing goodness of facial oils.
You can make your own natural exfoliating scrub by mixing 2 teaspoons organic Argan oil with 1 teaspoon granulated sugar. Add a drop of lavender oil for a soothing scent. Massage into skin with a gentle buffing motion, and rinse off with warm water to reveal a radiant glow.
6. Hydrate from the inside out. Drink plenty of water to help keep your body and skin hydrated and healthy. Drinking water throughout the day also decreases inflammation and helps prevent signs of aging. Tired of plain old water? Infuse it with fruit or cucumber, which add nutrients for an even bigger health boost.
7. Get in those ZZZZZs. A good night’s sleep simply makes for healthier skin. That’s because your body uses that time of rest to repair cells and tissues. Use a few drops of organic Argan oil on your face before bedtime to wake up with soft and supple skin.
Argan oil is also sure cure for dry hands and feet. Massage in gently, and top off with cotton gloves or socks for an overnight hydrating treatment. What’s your favorite trick to keeping your skin radiant and healthy through the winter?
Distributed by Strong Urge To Fly
Company Name: Strong Urge To Fly
Contact Person: Chris Hughes
Address:Emyvale, 4 Dillons Court
Country: United Kingdom