“ICT Investment Trends in Government”, report presents the findings from a survey of 138 government institutions regarding their Information & Communications Technology (ICT) investment trends. The survey investigates how government institutions currently allocate their ICT budgets across the core areas of enterprise ICT expenditure: hardware, software, IT services, communications, and consulting.
The report illustrates the core technologies that institutions are investing in, including security products, content management, IoT, and cloud computing. The survey also highlights the approach to purchasing technology adopted by government institutions. Through survey, the report aims to provide a better insight to ICT vendors and service providers when pitching their solutions to government institutions. The report focuses on government institutions’ ICT expenditure trends for specific business areas and technologies, identifying the top three IT projects, and understanding the business challenges faced by organizations.
Government institutions are striving to deliver quality services in increasingly complex operating environments. As a result, they are adopting digital innovations and exploring new ways to enhance their capabilities, streamline processes, and engage with partners.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following –
– How ICT budgets are set to change in 2017 in terms of their overall size
– Allocation across the core elements of IT spend, including hardware, software, services, communications, and consulting
– Distribution of ICT money in areas such as the networks, applications, service desk, and data centers
– Which ICT functions government institutions are interested in outsourcing
– Government institutions’ investment priorities based on their budget allocations across core technology categories such as security products, content management, IoT, and cloud computing
– Factors that are influencing government institutions’ investments in each technology category
– How government institutions’ IT budgets are currently allocated across various segments within a technology category
– Government institutions’ distribution of their ICT budget across various segments within a technology category
– Vendor satisfaction ratings for various core and advanced technology categories
– Insight into government institutions’ preferred buying approaches
– Business objectives that government institutions are looking to achieve through their IT investment strategies
– Factors that are influencing government institutions’ decisions to select an ICT provider
– The growing need to implement advanced technologies such as cloud, mobility, and the Internet of Things (IoT) and achieve outcome-based solutions is driving government organizations’ investments in software. This is further pushing the demand for software vendors in the market.
– Government spending on IoT solutions is expected to gain momentum, with increased focus on civilian use cases, such as connected cars and smart city initiatives.
– As organizations look towards modernizing their networks infrastructure and implementing new and advanced technologies, it has become more crucial for them to secure their networks and security platforms, thereby driving the demand for security vendors in the government sector.
Reasons to buy
– Understand how government institutions’ ICT landscape is set to change in 2017 to prioritize your target market
– Comprehend how ICT money are being allocated by government institutions in specific geographies and size bands to improve your market penetration
– Make effective business decisions by recognizing the opportunities within each of the core areas of ICT spend (hardware, software, IT services, telecommunications, and consulting)
– Realign your sales initiatives by understanding the current strategic objectives of government institutions
– Enhance your market segmentation with the included, detailed breakdown of opportunities within selected technology categories (security products, content management, IoT, and cloud computing)
– Prioritize your focus areas by understanding which factors are influencing government institutions’ decisions when selecting an ICT provider
– Understand the changes in customers’ priorities and identify the business objectives that government institutions are looking to achieve through their ICT investment strategies.
Table of Content: Key Points
Key implications for ICT vendors
ICT budget changes
ICT budget allocation by core technology area
Hardware budget breakdown
Software budget breakdown
Third-party IT services expenditure
Cloud computing budget
ICT budget allocation by function
Outsourced IT functions
ICT investment priorities and vendor satisfaction
Internet of Things (IoT)
Business objectives influencing IT investment strategy
ICT provider selection
Key decision makers for purchasing technology
Sector specific trends
IT expenditure plans for specific technology areas
Technology areas receiving the largest investments
Get in touch:
Company Name: Wiseguyreports.com
Contact Person: Norah Trent
Phone: +1 646 845 9349, +44 208 133 9349