Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a common disorder characterized by abdominal discomfort associated with altered bowel function. IBS is defined as recurrent abdominal pain or discomfort that occurs in association with altered bowel habits over a period of at least three months. IBS is classified into three main subtypes, according to the predominant bowel habit: constipation-predominant (IBS-C), diarrhea-predominant (IBS-D), and mixed-presentation (IBS-M) IBS.
The IBS treatment landscape remains largely underserved, and ample opportunity exists for pharmaceutical companies to address the numerous unmet needs in this therapy area. Based on insights gathered from primary and secondary research, anticipates that two of the new drugs, tenapanor and SYN-010, will have an initial slow uptake, as opposed to Trulance (plecanatide), which has a similar mode of action (MOA) to that of Linzess/Constella (linaclotide). The sales are expected to grow steadily over the forecast period, primarily due to the increased prevalent population and the launch of novel agents to treat IBS-C.
This model covers the market forecast for IBS marketed therapies and late-stage pipeline candidates. The base year of this model is 2016 and the forecast period is 2017-2026.
– Overview of IBS, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and current management strategies.
– Topline market revenue from 2016-2026 for IBS. Annual cost of therapy (ACOT) and major pipeline product sales in this forecast period are included.
– Key topics covered include current treatment options, unmet needs and opportunities, and the drivers and barriers affecting prescription drug sales in the 7MM.
– Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data split across different phases, emerging novel trends under development, synopses of innovative early-stage projects, and detailed analysis of late-stage pipeline products.
– Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global prescription drug market for IBS. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to buy
The report will enable you to –
– Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
– Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global prescription drug market for IBS.
– Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the prescription drug market for IBS in the future.
– Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
– Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
– Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments, and strategic partnerships.
Table of Content: Key Points
1 Table of Contents 2
1.1 List of Tables 7
1.2 List of Figures 9
2 Executive Summary 10
2.1 The IBS Market Expected to Experience Solid Growth from 2016-2026 11
2.2 Companies Leverage Partnerships to Successfully Develop and Commercialize IBS Products 12
2.3 The IBS Market is Characterized by Significant Unmet Needs 14
2.4 Products With Improved Efficacy Will Have Significant Opportunities in the IBS Market 14
2.5 The Potential Introduction of Late-Stage Pipeline Products Will Drive Growth in the IBS Market 14
2.6 What Do Physicians Think 15
3 Introduction 18
3.1 Catalyst 18
3.2 Related Reports 19
3.3 Upcoming Related Reports 19
4 Disease Overview 20
4.1 Etiology and Pathophysiology 20
Get in touch:
Company Name: Wiseguyreports.com
Contact Person: Norah Trent
Email: Send Email
Phone: +1 646 845 9349, +44 208 133 9349