MarketResearchFuture.com adds “Bone Graft Substitute Market – 2018 Global Analysis, Growth, Trends and Opportunities Research Report forecasting to 2027” reports to its database.
You can get easy access to samples from the report here please click: https://www.marketresearchfuture.com/sample_request/1195 .
Considering all these factors, the global market of bone graft substitute is expected to reach $ 5,031.0 million by the end of 2027, this market is projected to grow at a CAGR of ~ 6.52 % during the forecast period 2017-2027.
Market Scenarioof Global Bone Graft Substitute Market:
Bone grafting is a surgical procedure carried out fix facture bones and bone injury. The procedure involves transplantation of bone tissues to augment and regenerate bones that are lost due to diseases or an injuries. Autografts have been used for decades for the grafting purposes. Autografts is one of the greatest available surgical procedure for the bone grafting. However, due to the double incision required during the autograft procedure, the pain associated with the procedure, and the post-operative pain on both the sites have encouraged the scientists to look for the alternatives. With the changing trends, use of the allografts, xenografts, and synthetic bone grafts is on the rise. Thus, with the development of these innovative products as a substitute for the real bones, the global market for bone graft substitute is growing.
Increased use of bone grafting procedure in the fixation of the damaged/ broken bones, high demand of the bone graft substitutes in the military medical units, rising geriatric population with increasing orthopaedic problems, and increasing need for the reconstructive orthopaedic treatments drive the growth of the market. Additionally, increased usage of the bone graft substitutes in the field of dentistry and technological advancements from the leading market players with innovative bone graft products add fuel to the market growth. The bone graft substitute market offers great opportunities in the form of technological advancements in the orthopaedic industry, opportunities for investments, and consolidation for big healthcare providers in the U.S. among others. Synthetic material used in manufacturing of bone graft substitutes, for instance, hydroxyapatite are devoid of organic and biological agents, which hinder osteoconduction, osteoinduction, and osteogenesis. Thus, technological advancement in the form of recombinant DNA technology is use to eliminate these drawbacks by mixing these materials with growth factors to enhance grafts and stem cell-based auto grafts. The greater use of biotechnology is expected to increase the characteristics of synthetic bone graft such as osteoconduction, osteoinduction and osteogenesis, etc.
Furthermore, patient safety due to the risk of disease transmission in allografts and xenograft, risk of graft rejection, improper fixation and weak bonding, and unmet medical needs in the low income countries may hamper the growth of the market.
Major Key Players:
Some of key players profiled in the report are ACE Surgical Supply Company, Inc., BioHorizons IPH, Inc., Dentium Co., Ltd., Dentsply Sirona, Institut Straumann AG, Medtronic plc, Stryker Corporation, Zimmer Biomet and others.
Geographic analysis of Global Bone Graft Substitute Market:
The US occupies for the largest market share owing to faster uptake of latest technology, and greater health care expenditure, which accounts for 16 % of GDP in 2016. The concentration of major bone graft in the U.S. regions also drives the market.
However the worsening regulatory and reimbursement environment in US markets has worried bone graft manufacturers. Bone graft is classified as Class III devices which require time and effort intensive premarket approval. PMA requires of valid scientific evidence about the probable health benefits from the intended use of a device which must outweigh the probable risks and reasonable evidence to assure that the device will significantly help a large portion of the target population. There has been a slight increase in the days required for clearance of device by the FDA due to increased strictness regarding clinical evidence and testing requirements which has lengthened the time and path to clearance.
Europe holds the second position in the global market led by Germany and France. Asia Pacific region is anticipated to deliver the fastest growth led by Japan, China and India. The African region is anticipated to generate a lower single digit growth because of poor healthcare penetration, socio- economic conditions and other factors.
The report for Global Bone graft substitute market by Market Research Future comprises of extensive primary research along with the detailed analysis of qualitative as well as quantitative aspects by various industry experts, key opinion leaders to gain a deeper insight of the market and industry performance. The report gives a clear picture of the current market scenario which includes past and estimated future market size with respect to value and volume, technological advancement, macro economical and governing factors in the market. The report provides detail information about and strategies used by top key players in the industry. The report also gives a broad study of the different market segments and regions.
Market Dynamics of Global Bone Graft Substitute Market:
- Increase in the demand of bone grafting procedures is the most critical driver of the market. According to the British editorial society of bone & joint surgery, bone is the second most common transplanted tissue after blood with an estimated 2.2 million grafting procedures annually worldwide in 2015.
- Rise in risk factors such as increasing cases of fractures and accidents, diseases such as osteoporosis, growing older population, obesity and others. The world health organization (WHO) estimates that between 2015 and 2050, the proportion of the world’s population over 60 years wills nearly double from 12% to 22% and by 2020, the number of people aged 60 years and older will outnumber children younger than 5 years. WHO also states that the pace of population ageing is much faster than in the past and by 2050, 80% of older people will be living in low- and middle-income countries.
- Increasing penetration of orthopedic speciality hospitals and healthcare insurance
- Growing healthcare penetration and expenditure. According to Centre for Medicare and Medicaid services, Medicare spending grew 4.5% to $646.2 billion in 2015, while Medicaid spending grew 9.7% to $545.1 billion in 2015. Private health insurance spending was found to grow 7.2% to $1,072.1 billion in 2015.
- Risk and complications from bone grafting procedures such as pain, blood loss, rejections, infections and others
- High cost of bone graft treatment is the strongest constraint. For example, for a cadaver or synthetic bone graft, the average bone graft price is around $400 to $1500 for a single implant exclusive of other charges while Allograft bone graft costs $2500-$5000
- High growth of biotech and growing number of startups. According to national venture capital association, Biotechnology industry received the second largest amount of venture capital for the year 2016, and ended with a 17% rise in dollars as compared with the previous year.
- The worsening regulatory and reimbursement environment combined with the uncertainty of healthcare reforms has made it more challenging to first obtain marketing approval of new products in US markets.
Segments of Global Bone Graft Substitute Market:
Type – auto graft, bone morphogenetic protein, demineralized bone matrix, synthetic bone grafts, and others.
Application – spinal fusion, long bone, joint reconstruction, foot & ankle, dental, and others.
Current industry trends and developments:
- Xenografts, and synthetic bone grafts are expected to be the fastest growing segment and will reduce the market share of Autograft which has been the grafting gold standard
- Synthetic materials such as hydroxyapatite are devoid of organic and biological agents, which hinder osteoconduction, osteoinduction and osteogenesis. Thus, recombinant DNA technology is being pressed into use to eliminate these drawbacks by mixing these materials with growth factors to enhance grafts and stem cell-based auto grafts. The greater use of biotechnology is expected to increase the characteristics of synthetic bone graft such as osteoconduction, osteoinduction and osteogenesis etc.
What makes our report unique?
1) An extensive research study on the Global Bone Graft Substitute Market, and its entire ecosystem, describes the market trends, drivers, restraints and opportunities of the Bone Graft Substitute Market.
2) We provide you the longest possible market segmentation based on type of products, procedures and geography and describe the market share region wise.
3) The report gives a bird eyes view on the competitive landscape which includes mergers and acquisitions, collaborations, market strategies, and new product launches.
…CONTINUED FOR TOC
Feel free to get in touch for discounts and customized details, please click: https://www.marketresearchfuture.com/check-discount/1195 .
About Market Research Future:
At Market Research Future (MRFR), we enable our customers to unravel the complexity of various industries through our Cooked Research Report (CRR), Half-Cooked Research Reports (HCRR), Raw Research Reports (3R), Continuous-Feed Research (CFR), and Market Research & Consulting Services.
In order to stay updated with technology and work process of the industry, MRFR often plans & conducts meet with the industry experts and industrial visits for its research analyst members.
Company Name: Market Research Future
Contact Person: Akash Anand
Email: Send Email
Phone: +1 646 845 9312
Address:Market Research Future Office No. 528, Amanora Chambers Magarpatta Road, Hadapsar, Pune –