In the Internet and Digital era, the world is no longer a jigsaw composed piece by piece, but a network connected from nodes to lines. The physical distance becomes virtual. As an important infrastructure, bridges connect places and erode boundaries, which are crucial to build the relationship between cities, lands, spaces, and people. Meanwhile, bridge is a special form of architecture and usually designed to be a brand of one city or area.
Anhui Zhong’an Chuanggu Technology Park Co.,Ltd is a leader of its kind as the “co-maker space, business incubator, accelerator, industry base and fund cluster” in China, which is the sponsor of this international design competition. Taking “Bridge of Entrepreneur” as the subject, this competition serves as a platform to gather the wisdom from all over the world with the intention to develop new ideas in building an international technology park in the future in a fresh light, focusing on the communication between people, cities and architectural spaces.
In order to enhance the integrity of the technology park, it is planned to build a bridge between the first and second phase of the construction to for pedestrian and non-motor use.
Detailed requirements as below:
1. The proposal should highlight the cultural connotation of ‘Bridge of Entrepreneur’ and embody the idea of innovation and entrepreneurship；
2. The proposal should fully consider the nature and image of the technology park as a local landmark;
3. The proposal should combine high technology and other modern elements to reflect the industry orientation.
1. Please submit the digital version of both drawings and relevant documents, each drawing should be no larger than 2M;
2. The official language of this competition is Chinese or English;
3. Scales and dimensions of drawings should be in the Metric System;
4. Specification: The layout of the 841mm x 594mm drawings should be horizontal. Each work should be composed of 3 pieces of drawings in JPG or PNG format.
5. Content: Drawings that can fully express the design intention, such as perspective drawings, master plan, plans, elevations, sections, detail drawings, and illustrations (no limitation on proportion). A no-more-than 500 words description of design is also required.
Proposal Collection (March 15, 2018 – May 15, 2018)
1. This is a fair competition open to design institutes, designers, students and teachers or individuals from colleges and universities;
2. Participants can log on the competition website or scan the QR code (can be found in the appendix) to submit the design work;
3. Submission time: March 15, 2018 – May 15, 2018;
4. Team leader should be the only contact person with organization committee;
5. If there is any question, please feel free to contact by email or mobile phone.
Review (May 16, 2018 – June 30, 2018)
The review will includes preliminary, semi-final and final in three phases and end on the date of June 30, 2018. The competition results will be announced in July, and the certificate and the prize will be awarded afterwards.
1. Preliminary: May 16, 2018 – May 18, 2018
50 of the submission works will be selected and posted on-line;
2. Semi-final: May 21, 2018 – May 31, 2018/3/7
6 proposals will be selected from the 50 to enter the final round by the professional review and on-line voting (Each person can vote for 6 works; Each work could be voted once only);
3. Final: June 1, 2018 – June 30, 2018
The First, Second and Third Prize will be selected among the 6 selected works, the final result will be produced by on-line voting from the more than 1000 companies (Each company can vote for 3 works, each work is limit to be voted once only)
First Prize (1 team): Certificate + Bonus 100,000RMB (before tax, around 15,000USD)
Second Prize (2 teams): Certificate + Bonus 40,000RMB (before tax, around 6,000USD)
Third Prize (3 teams): Certificate + Bonus 10,000RMB (before tax, around 1, 500 USD)
Honorable Mentions (44 teams): Certificate + Bonus 1,000RMB (before tax, around 150 USD)
Instructions for Participants
1. Entries should be all original. Plagiarism is forbidden and participants bear the responsibility for the authenticity of all submitted materials. The organization committee has the right to disqualify participants once detecting any fraudulency.
2. Participants are regarded to authorize the organization committee to make publicity, publication, exhibition and any other forms of commercial use of the work after the submission. If the submitted work won any prize, its intellectual property rights would be attributed to the organization committee.
3. This international design competition is subject to the legal jurisdiction in China, and all of the jury work and proposal documents are applicable to the law of China with the final interpretation right belonging to the organizer.
Organizer: Anhui Zhong’an Chuanggu Technology Park Co.,Ltd
Co-organizer: CBC(China Building Centre), East China Architectural Design & research Institute Co. LTD, zhaopin.com
Contact Ms. Ren
Competition Official Site http://18.104.22.168:8080/ZACG/index.jsp
Competition Email firstname.lastname@example.org