Europe’s mature power generation market has not experienced the rapid growth of the developing regions of Asia-Pacific or the Middle East and Africa. Power generation strategies for EU countries are driven by the Energy Efficiency Directive and the Renewable Energy Directive of 2009, which requires members to achieve 20% of their energy needs from renewable sources by 2020. In the UK, coal power stations are scheduled to close by 2025 and Germany has moved away from building new nuclear power stations following the Fukushima disaster in Japan.
This report provides detailed analysis, information and insights based on 880 CIC projects in Europe, including detailed metrics on the region’s power generation construction projects (as tracked by the CIC) split by country, value and by ten types of project, including nuclear, fossil fuels and renewable sources such as solar, biomass and wind. Country profiles are provided for the top 10 countries including the UK, Turkey and Russia.
Click here for sample report @ https://www.wiseguyreports.com/sample-request/1131115-project-insight-power-generation-construction-projects-europe
Major Highlights of Reports:
- The highest value of projects are at the planning stage, with US$345.6 billion, followed by projects at the execution stage with US$293.4 billion.
- Projects in the pre-execution stage amount to US$137.9 billion, while projects in the pre-planning stage account for US$94.5 billion.
- The UK accounts for highest value of power generation projects with US$312.0 billion.
- Nuclear power accounts for the highest value of projects with US$358.1 billion followed by wind power with US$277.6 billion.
- Nuclear power projects has the highest value of projects at the execution stage and at the planning stage.
- The UK is dominant in nuclear power, gas and wind power investment as it is with the renewable sources, solar, biomass and ocean power. Turkey has the highest geothermal and hydropower project investment.
- Private investment is responsible for funding the highest proportion of projects, with 53%, with public funding at 26% and joint public and private funding with 21%.
- Assuming all projects tracked go ahead as planned, annual spending on the projects would reach US$139.7 billion in 2020.
- The top contractor in the region is Atomstroyexport in Russia followed by Bouygues in France.
For Detailed Reading Please visit @ https://www.wiseguyreports.com/reports/1131115-project-insight-power-generation-construction-projects-europe
Wise Guy Reports is part of the Wise Guy Consultants Pvt. Ltd. and offers premium progressive statistical surveying, market research reports, analysis & forecast data for industries and governments around the globe. Wise Guy Reports understand how essential statistical surveying information is for your organization or association. Therefore, we have associated with the top publishers and research firms all specialized in specific domains, ensuring you will receive the most reliable and up to date research data available.
Partner Relations & Marketing Manager
Ph: +1-646-845-9349 (US)
Ph: +44 208 133 9349 (UK)
Company Name: Wiseguyreports.com
Contact Person: Norah Trent
Email: Send Email
Phone: +1 646 845 9349, +44 208 133 9349