The global recombinant protein market by Product Type (Hormones, Growth Factors, Cytokines, Plasma Protein Factor, Recombinant Metabolic Enzymes, Immune Checkpoint Regulators, and Others), By Application (Drug Discovery & Development, Biopharmaceutical Production, Basic Research, and Others), By End User (Biopharmaceutical Companies, Academic & Research Institutes, Contract Research Organizations, and Others), and Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, the Middle East, and Africa) was valued at US$ 347.2 million in 2016 and is projected to exhibit a CAGR of 6.2% over the forecast period (2017–2025), as highlighted in a new report published by Coherent Market Insights. Availability of wide number of innovative recombinant proteins from various sources such as human and animal, lack of suitable alternative for basic protein related therapies research, and increasing demand for biopharmaceutical products is expected to fuel growth of the recombinant protein market.
Request Sample Copy of this Report,
Manufacturers are involved in collaborations and acquisitions for drug discovery and development purposes. For instance, in 2017, Crown Bioscience (CBI), Inc. entered into collaboration with Jiangsu Qyun Bio-Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd. to develop CTLA-4 antibody. Moreover, in 2016, CBI acquired PreClinOmics, Inc., an in Vivo preclinical company, which specializes in early research in cardiovascular and metabolic disease and in 2016 CBI introduced six new recombinant cell lines GITR, ICOS, CD137, CTLA-4, OX40, and RANK immune checkpoints and receptors for biological studies, drug discovery, and development. In 2012, ProSpec-Tany Technogene Ltd. and LifeMap Sciences, Inc.—a wholly owned subsidiary of BioTime, Inc.—announced definitive agreement to offer 1,000 recombinant proteins and antibodies, to be used for stem cell research, drug discovery, and development biology. In 2014, BPS Bioscience, Inc. announced the introduction of 13 different mutant EZH2 complexes and two new assay kits for screening inhibitors of mutant EZH2.
Browse 39 Market Data Tables and 40 Figures spread through 151 Pages and in-depth TOC on Recombinant Protein Market by Product Type (Hormones, Growth Factors, Cytokines, Plasma Protein Factor, Recombinant Metabolic Enzymes, Immune Checkpoint Regulators, and Others), By Application (Drug Discovery & Development, Biopharmaceutical Production, Basic Research, and Others), By End User (Biopharmaceutical Companies, Academic & Research Institutes, Contract Research Organizations, and Others), and Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, the Middle East, and, Africa) – Global Forecast to 2025
To know the latest trends and insights prevalent in the Recombinant Protein Market, click the link below:
Key players in the company are focusing on expanding their geographic presence, in order to enhance their market share. For instance, in 2016, Sigma Aldrich Company Ltd. established nine new M Lab Collaboration Centers in Asia, North America, Europe, and Latin America for its life science business. The centers are expected to boost growth of its recombinant protein business. Manufacturers participate in international and national conferences to promote their products. For instance, in 2014, Novoprotein Scientific, participated in AAPS National Biotechnology Conference, which was dedicated to recent developments of protein recombinants worldwide. In 2016, PeproTech, Inc. participated in conference on Advances in Stem Cells and Regenerative Medicine held at EMBL, Heidelberg, Germany, in 2017. Feldan Bio, Inc. and Elasmogen, a biopharmaceutical company, signed an exclusive partnership for the development of intracellular biologics in 2016. BioVision Inc. introduced Cas9 recombinant protein for genome editing in 2017. Cas9 protein of the CRISPR-Cas9 system is an RNA-guided DNA endonuclease enzyme, which helps in unwinding of genomic DNA complex.
Key Takeaways of the Recombinant Protein Market:
- The global recombinant protein market is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 2% over the forecast period (2017–2025), owing to product launches by manufacturers such as BioVision, Inc., and HumanZyme, Inc.
- Growth of the recombinant protein market is driven by strong demand for applications such as drug discovery & development and basic research
- Hormones segment is expected to exhibit high growth over the forecast period, owing to applications in research and development of therapies for various metabolic disorders such as diabetes and others
- Asia Pacific region is expected to exhibit strong growth over the forecast period, due to activities such as research, and collaborations in the region. For instance, Amgen, Inc. collaborated with Simcere Pharmaceutical Group, a China-based company, to develop four biosimilars for the Chinese market in 2017.
- Major players operating in the global recombinant protein market include Crown Bioscience, Inc., ProSpec Tany TechnoGene, Ltd., BPS Bioscience, Inc., Sigma Aldrich Company Ltd., Novoprotein Scientific, PeproTech, Inc., Feldan Bio, Inc., BioVision, Inc., HumanZyme, Inc., and GenScript Biotech Corporation
About Coherent Market Insights:
Coherent Market Insights is a prominent market research and consulting firm offering action-ready syndicated research reports, custom market analysis, consulting services, and competitive analysis through various recommendations related to emerging market trends, technologies, and potential absolute dollar opportunity.
Coherent Market Insights
1001 4th Ave,
Seattle, WA 98154
Company Name: Coherent Market Insights
Contact Person: Mr. Shah
Email: Send Email
Address:1001 4th Ave, #3200
Country: United States