In the Report “Wireless Charging Market: By Technology (Magnetic Inductance, Magnetic Resonance, Radio-wave); By Range (Short range, Medium range, Long range); By Applications (Consumer Electronics, Industrial, Automobile)-With Forecast (2018 – 2023)” published by IndustryARC, the market for consumer products such as smartphones, tablets and wearable devices is set to explode in the near future.
Associations such as Wireless Power Consortium (WPC), Power Matter Alliance (PMA), and Alliance for wireless power (A4WP) along with various industry players are aggressively working to address and eliminate the difficulties towards the mass adoption of the technology. Chip set vendors are likely to play pivotal role in the adoption of multimode products which are compatible with multiple technologies and standards.
America with major share in the Wireless Charging Market
America is the foremost region to generate a maximum of revenue of $1.59 billion in 2018. Further, the market is estimated to reach a revenue of $14.63 billion for the forecast of 2018-2023. According to estimates, Asia-Pacific will outstrip the sales volumes of both America and Europe by 2023. Growing number of industries and large number of developing economies is driving the growth of wireless charging in the APAC. The Asia-Pacific region is developing infrastructure and healthcare facilities, which increases the demand for wireless charging devices.
Selected Charging Type Analysis done in the full Report:
Consumer electronics market is the main end user application for this technology. Slowly, this technology is spreading to other end user industries like industrial equipment, healthcare and automotive. The market is segmented into Inductive Coupling Charging, Magnetic inductance, Magnetic Resonance, Resonant Charging, Radio Wave Charging, Microwave Charging and Laser Beam Charging. In 2014, inductive charging was the only commercially available method of wireless charging. It accounted to $1.32 Billion in 2015, which is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 46.89% to reach $45.13 billion units in 2023, followed by resonance charging market which will grow at a CAGR of 163.24%. The upcoming technologies will contribute significantly to the revenue as they have a higher cost. Beam charging and microwave charging, once commercialized, will have a higher market penetration rate as they will make charging more flexible, with longer range charging methods.
To access or browse the table of contents of the report follow the link below:
Excerpts on Market Growth Factors
- Companies are developing new wireless chargers, which can charge multiple devices at the same time; this will provide an advantage over other forms of charging. The new technology is going to replace technologies like wire chargers and portable chargers. In the years to come, resonance contactless charging will be dominant.
- Recent findings in wireless technologies showed, when transferring just 3 watts of power wirelessly, the system was only 2.3% less efficient compared to transmitting 3.39 MB/sec of data. At 2 watts of power, that efficiency difference was only 1.3%. These results were demonstrated at a distance of over 6 inches between transmitter and receiver.
- In future, wireless charging will play a major role in the automotive industry. Even while driving, people will be able charge their vehicles. The wireless charging plates installed in the roads would make it possible to drive for miles without plug-in charging. This type of charging will drive the rate of adoption.
Talk to one of our sales representative about the full report by providing your details in the link below:
Key players of the Wireless Charging Market
Qualcomm Incorporated, Powermat Technologies Ltd., Texas instruments Inc., PowerbyProxi, Murata manufacturing Co., Ltd, WiTricity Corporation and many others. Texas Instrument (U.S.) enjoys its dominant position in the wireless charging market with a market share of 18.82%. It holds the maximum market share, owing to the assorted range of products that serves key end user markets such as consumer electronics, automotive and so on. Due to the dominance of American manufacturers in the automobile wireless charging market, WiTricity, Plugless and Qualcomm are the leading companies in the automobile wireless charging market. Companies are also looking at product development in this market to expand their capabilities and position themselves in this growing market.
Wireless Charging Market report is segmented as below
The Global Wireless Charging Market study across various end user industries is incorporated in the report.
- Wireless Charging Equipment Market – By Standards
- Wireless Power Consortium (WPC)
- Power Matters Alliance (PMA)+Alliance for Wireless Power (A4WP)
- Open dots Alliance
- Wireless Charging Equipment Market – By Type
- Inductive Coupling Charging
- Magnetic inductance
- Magnetic Resonance
- Resonant Charging
- Radio Wave Charging
- Microwave Charging
- Laser Beam Charging
- Wireless Charging Market – By Range
- Short range (<50mm)
- Medium range (<4M)
- Long range (>4M)
- Wireless Charging Market – By Applications
- Consumer electronics
- Wireless Charging Market by Geography (covers 10+ countries)
- Wireless Charging Market Entropy
Companies Citied / Interviewed
- Mojo Mobility Inc.
- Integrated Device Technology Inc
- Fusion Taiwan Company
- Chargespot Wireless Power Inc.
- Nucurrent Inc.
- Broadcom Corporation
- Kube Systems
- Energous Corporation
- Mediatek Inc
- Convenientpower HK Limited
- Wireless Efficiency
- Active-Semi Inc.
- Ossia Inc.
- Laird Plc
- Company 15+
Wireless Charging Materials Market
Wireless Sensor Network Market
What can you expect from the report?
The Wireless Charging Market Report is Prepared with the Main Agenda to Cover the following 20 points:
1. Market Size by Product Categories & Application 11. Demand Analysis (Revenue & Volume)
2. Market trends & Relevant Market Data 12. Country level Analysis
3. Manufacturer Landscape 13. Competitor Analysis
4. Distributor Landscape 14. Market Shares Analysis
5. Pricing Analysis 15. Value Chain Analysis
6. Top 10 End user Analysis 16. Supply Chain Analysis
7. Product Benchmarking 17. Strategic Analysis
8. Product Developments 18. Current & Future Market Landscape Analysis
9. Mergers & Acquisition Analysis 19. Opportunity Analysis
10. Patent Analysis 20. Revenue and Volume Analysis
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. Does IndustryARC publish country or application based reports in Wireless Charging Market segment?
Response: Yes, we do have separate reports as mentioned below:
1. Americas Wireless Charging Market (2018-2023)
2. Asia Pacific Wireless Charging Market (2018-2023)
3. Europe Wireless Charging Market (2018-2023)
4. Standard Wireless Charging Market (2018-2023)
5. Type Wireless Charging Market (2018-2023)
6. Range Wireless Charging Market (2018-2023)
7. Application Wireless Charging Market (2018-2023)
Q. Does IndustryARC provide customized reports and charge additionally for limited customization?
Response: Yes, we can customize the report by extracting data from our database of reports and annual subscription databases. We can provide the following free customization:
1. Increase the level of data in application or end user industry.
2. Increase the number of countries in geography chapter.
3. Find out market shares for other smaller companies or companies which are of interest to you.
4. Company profiles can be requested based on your interests.
5. Patent analysis, pricing, product analysis, product benchmarking, value and supply chain analysis can be requested for a country or end use segment.
Any other custom requirements can be discussed with our team, drop an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss more about our consulting services.
IndustryARC is a Research and Consulting Firm that publishes more than 500 reports annually, in various industries such as Agriculture, Automotive, Automation & Instrumentation, Chemicals and Materials, Energy and Power, Electronics, Food & Beverages, Information Technology, Life sciences &Healthcare.
IndustryARC primarily focuses on Cutting Edge Technologies and Newer Applications in a Market. Our Custom Research Services are designed to provide insights on the constant flux in the global supply-demand gap of markets. Our strong team of analysts enables us to meet the client research needs at a rapid speed, with a variety of options for your business.
We look forward to support the client to be able to better address their customer needs, stay ahead in the market, become the top competitor and get real-time recommendations on business strategies and deals. Contact us to find out how we can help you today.