Market Synopsis of Cell Culture Media Market
A cell culture medium is a growth medium designed to support the growth of cells. A cell culture medium is composed of appropriate composition of amino acids, vitamins, inorganic salts, glucose, serum, etc. It may contain additional supplementary factors such as growth factors, hormones, etc., depending on the need of different types of cells.
Cell culture medium are classified into natural media and synthetic media. Natural media consist of naturally occurring biological fluids, while synthetic media have additional components such as serum proteins, carbohydrates, cofactors, vitamins, salts etc. The Natural media has poor reproducibility due to lack of knowledge about exact composition in this media.
Get Sample Copy @ https://www.marketresearchfuture.com/sample_request/4462
Artificial media are further sub-segmented into various types such as serum containing media, serum-free media, chemically defined media, and protein-free media. To overcome the drawbacks of serum in the media, a number of serum-free media have been developed. Chemically defined media contains inorganic and organic ingredients. Protein-free media only contains non-protein constituents to promote superior cell growth and protein expression.
The market for cell culture media is growing at an impressive rate due to various factors such as growing number of biotech firms, growing demand for biotechnology products, high returns on investments, technological advancements, etc. However, contamination of cell culture media, presence of heavy trace elements, high cost of final products, lack of scientific understanding of natural media, issues of reproducibility, quality and specificity, especially, of natural media, scarcity of serum and animal components, ethical issues regarding use of animal components, etc may hamper the growth of the market.
The global cell culture media market is growing exponentially and is expected to grow at the same pace during the forecast period at a CAGR of ~ 9.1%
- The global cell culture media market is expected to reach USD 1,290.1 million by 2023
- Lysogeny broth segment is expected to command the largest market share of 22.5% and is expected to reach USD 298.6 million by the end of 2023. This market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 9.5% during the forecast period 2017-2023
- Drug discovery and drug development segment led the largest market share of around 23.8% in 2016. This market is expected to reach USD 315.3 million in 2023 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 9.5% during the forecast period 2017-2023
- Biotechnology & pharmaceutical companies segment is expected to command the largest market share of around 29.3% in 2016. This market is expected to reach USD 386.5 million in 2023 from at a CAGR of 9.4% during the forecast period 2017-2023
- North Americas region held the largest market share of 36.1% in 2016. This market is expected to reach USD 478.7 million by 2023 at a CAGR of 9.5% during the forecast period 2017-2023. However, the Asia Pacific market is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR of 9.6% during the forecast period 2017-2023
- Cell Culture Media Manufacturers
- Cell Culture Media Suppliers
- Research and Development (R&D) Companies
- Government Research Laboratories
- Medical Research Institutes
- Potential Investors
Cell culture media market is segmented on the basis of type, application, and end users.
On the basis of type, the market is segmented into lysogeny broth, chemically defined media, protein free media, serum free media, classical media, custom media, and others.
On the basis of applications, the global cell culture market is segmented into drug discovery and drug development, toxicity testing, cancer research, genetic engineering, tissue engineering & biochemistry, stem cell research, and others.
On the basis of end users, the global cell culture market is segmented into biotechnology & pharmaceutical companies, research laboratories, academic institutes, pathology labs, and others.
On the basis of region, the global cell culture market is segmented into North Americas, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Middle East & Africa.
Regional Analysis of Cell Culture Media Market
Considering the global scenario of the market, North Americas region accounted for the largest market share of 36.1% in 2016. This market is expected to reach USD 478.7 million by 2023 at a CAGR of 9.5 % during the forecast period 2017-2023. Europe is expected to be the second largest global cell culture market in terms of regions and is expected to reach USD 374.3 million at a CAGR of 9.3 % during the forecast period 2017-2023. However, the Asia Pacific market is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR of 9.6 % during the forecast period 2017-2023.
Report with Discount Available @ https://www.marketresearchfuture.com/check-discount/4462
Key Players for Cell culture media Market
Some of the key players in this market: Merck KGaA, Corning Incorporated, GE Healthcare, Thermo Fisher, Lonza, BD, HiMedia Laboratories, and others.
Market Research Future (MRFR), enable customers to unravel the complexity of various industries through Cooked Research Report (CRR), Half-Cooked Research Reports (HCRR), Raw Research Reports (3R), Continuous-Feed Research (CFR), and Market Research & Consulting Services.
Company Name: Market Research Future
Contact Person: Abhishek Sawant
Email: Send Email
Phone: +1 646 845 9312
Address:Market Research Future Office No. 528, Amanora Chambers Magarpatta Road, Hadapsar