According to the new market research report by IndustryARC titled “By Frame (All Glass, Aluminum, Steel, Bronze and Others); By Glass Types (Clear Glass, Tempered Glass and Others); By Glazed System (Center & Offset); By Installation (Screw Spline & Shear Block); By Application, By End User, By Thickness Range and By Geography- Forecast (2018 – 2023)”, the market is driven by the Reverberation in leading architectural markets and growing demand for value-added glass and variations in design, aesthetic trends and technology such as “Digital storefronts”, which are blurring the line between physical and virtual world.
APAC held the largest market share and highest growth rate in the Storefront Glass Market
Asia Pacific region holds the largest market share and growth in the Storefront Glass Market, and is anticipated to reach $645.6 million by 2023 at a CAGR of 6.70%. The growing demand from commercial applications in the APAC region results in strong demand for storefront glass market. Also, innovation in glass products (such as Low-E insulating glass for doors and windows), and exponentially growing population are the factors that escalate the growth in the Urban areas as well as commercial Sector of the world, notably in China and India. The key applications in this region include Storefront doors and Storefront windows.
Selected Value Chain Analysis done in the full report
- Primary Glass manufacturers (PGM): Value chain of storefront glass initially starts from procuring raw material that include sand, silicon dioxide, cullet and others from various suppliers to produce flat glass. The different raw materials used and their processing charges adds value to the end product.
- Coaters: Coaters generally buy flat glass from PGMs and uses high technology sputter process to apply a thin or multi-layer coating to the surface of the glass. It is generally required for special purposes like bullet proofing which needs to be further processed. Bullet proofing or laminated glass manufacturing process involves combination of two or three types of glass. Clear glass, for instance, can be used directly in storefront system without any further process.
- Fabricator: Fabricators receive flat glass from PGMs that they cut, temper, and heat strengthen, laminate, and fabricate it to obtain the desired glass. For commercial building purposes, the flat glass is directly fabricated into insulated glass units (IG).
- Window Manufacturers: Window manufacturers get material directly from PGMs, and manufacture storefront systems with their own frames such as aluminum, wood, vinyl, or wood. They can also manufacture frames with the combination of two or three material types.
- Frame suppliers: Glazing contractors obtain frames from frame suppliers. They supply framing systems for curtain walls, overhead glazing and punched openings. They are involved only into supplying frames but not manufacturing.
- Glazing contractors: Glazing contractors are responsible for glass installation purposes in storefronts, window, door and others. Glazing contractors generally procure glass either from local fabricators or coaters or from PGMs on large projects.
- End users: The key end users involved in the storefront glass market are commercial, institutions, residential and others which uses storefront glass in making for various purposes like, doors, etc.
To access the full report browse the link below
Excerpts on Market Growth Factors
- The factors that drive the Storefront Glass market include weather-related threats, such as hurricanes and tornados as well as security concerns alongside rising income, discretionary spending levels, and standard of living among others.
- Insulated glass dominates the market with a share of 39%, and generating revenue of $285.7 million in 2015. It is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 5.6% to reach $400.1 million by 2021.
- The natural gas price is the key driver for storefront glass industry as it is the most dominating fuel in the production process.
- Innovation in glass products such as low-e coating is driving the storefront glass market. Countries like China, India and the U.S. contribute major share for growing demand. With these key driving factors, the market is estimated to reach $1018 million by 2021.
- The chief drivers of storefront glass are evolution in retail and construction industries. Moreover, rising demand of energy efficient glasses has invigorated OEMs to shift to insulated glazing from single glazing units.
- Storefront glass price is estimated to reach $323 per Ton by 2021.
- The doors segment is estimated to grow at a high CAGR of 4.3% to reach $625.9 million by 2021.
Talk to one of our sales representative about the full report by providing your details in the below link:
Key players of Storefront Glass Market:
- Saint Gobain (France), Guardian Industries Corp (Michigan), and sisecam group (turkey) are some of the major companies which produce various types of glass.
- Saint Gobain is the key player in storefront glass market with 26% of the market share. The company has carried out various major acquisitions recently which contributed to the positive growth of the company. Saint-Gobain’s Innovative Materials group produces products such as flat glass, abrasives, and ceramics. This segment represents 21% of total net sales of the company.
- It is followed by AGC Glass Europe and holds 19% of the overall market share. The others category contributed 15%, consisting of companies such as Nippon, Sisecam Group, Promat International and few others.
- Alcoa Inc (U.S.), Tubelite (Michigan), C.R. Laurence Co., Inc (U.S.) are some of the major storefront system manufacturers.
- Saint-Gobain holds the largest share in gross profits at $13,190 million, followed by PPG Industries and NSG.
- PPG Industries invested highest share of capital in R&D department that is $ 4,165 million for the growth of the company which in turn led to high Net Revenue that is $6,739 million.
- The growing requirement for facilities having storefront systems in hospitals and clinics will lead to a remarkable growth in the storefront glass market.
- Insulated glass is majorly used in commercial window frames owing to their various properties and benefits. This type of glass generated the maximum revenue in the storefront glass market and is anticipated to reach $42.7 million by 2021 growing at a CAGR of 5.9%.
- Trulite Glass & Aluminum Solutions, Kawneer, Monda Windows and Doors are some companies which are into center glazing systems.
- Wicona-UK, Arcadia Incorporated, C.R. Laurence Co. Ltd. are some companies which are into offset glazing systems.
- Companies like kawneer, EFCO Corporation, CRL Aluminum offers framing products, door frame parts, drill jigs, storefronts which are used by screw spline application.
Storefront Glass Market Report is segmented as indicated below
- Storefront Glass Market By Type:
- Storefront Glass Market By Glass Type
- Extra Clear
- Storefront Glass Market By Glazed Systems
- Storefront Glass Market by Application
- Storefront Glass Market By End-Users
1.1 Retail Stores
- Storefront Glass Market by Geography (Covers 12 + Countries)
- Storefront Glass Market By Entropy
- NSG Group
- Asahi Glass Co., Ltd
- Cascade Aluminum
- ŞIŞECAM Group
Electrochromic Glass Market
Fire Resistant Glass Market
What can you expect from the report?
The Storefront Glass Market is Prepared with the Main Agenda to Cover the following 20 points:
- Market Size by Product Categories
- Market trends
- Manufacturer Landscape
- Distributor Landscape
- Pricing Analysis
- Top 10 End user Analysis
- Product Benchmarking
- Product Developments
- Mergers & Acquisition Analysis
- Patent Analysis
- Demand Analysis (By Revenue & Volume)
- Country level Analysis (15+)
- Competitor Analysis
- Market Shares Analysis
- Value Chain Analysis
- Supply Chain Analysis
- Strategic Analysis
- Current & Future Market Landscape Analysis
- Opportunity Analysis
- Revenue and Volume Analysis
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. Does IndustryARC publish country, geography or application based reports in Storefront Glass Market?
Response: Yes, we do have separate reports as mentioned below:
- Americas Market for Storefront Glass (2018-2023)
- Europe Market for Storefront Glass(2018-2023)
- APAC Market for Storefront Glass(2018-2023)
- RoW Market for Storefront Glass(2018-2023)
- Metal Market for Storefront Glass(2018-2023)
- Bronze Market for Storefront Glass(2018-2023)
- Steel Market for Storefront Glass(2018-2023)
- Aluminum Market for Storefront Glass(2018-2023)
- Fiber Market for Storefront Glass(2018-2023)
- Wood Market for Storefront Glass(2018-2023)
- Clear Market for Storefront Glass(2018-2023)
- Safety/Laminated Market for Storefront Glass(2018-2023)
- Tempered Market for Storefront Glass(2018-2023)
- Coated Market for Storefront Glass(2018-2023)
- Mirrored Market for Storefront Glass(2018-2023)
- Patterned Market for Storefront Glass(2018-2023)
- Extra Clear Market for Storefront Glass(2018-2023)
- Insulated Market for Storefront Glass(2018-2023)
- Center Market for Storefront Glass(2018-2023)
- Offset Market for Storefront Glass(2018-2023)
- Windows Market for Storefront Glass(2018-2023)
- Doors Market for Storefront Glass(2018-2023)
Q. Does IndustryARC customize these reports and charge additionally for limited customization?
Response: Yes, we can customize the report by extracting data from our database of reports and annual subscription databases. We can provide the following free customization:
- Increase the level of data in application or end user industry.
- Increase the number of countries in geography chapter.
- Find out market shares for other smaller companies or companies which are of interest to you.
- Company profiles can be requested based on your interest.
- Patent analysis, pricing, product analysis, product benchmarking, value and supply chain analysis can be requested for a country or end use segment.
IndustryARC is a Research and Consulting Firm that publishes more than 500 reports annually, in various industries such as Agriculture, Automotive, Automation & Instrumentation, Chemicals and Materials, Energy and Power, Electronics, Food & Beverages, Information Technology, Life sciences &Healthcare.
IndustryARC primarily focuses on Cutting Edge Technologies and Newer Applications in a Market. Our Custom Research Services are designed to provide insights on the constant flux in the global supply-demand gap of markets. Our strong team of analysts enables us to meet the client research needs at a rapid speed, with a variety of options for your business.
We look forward to support the client to be able to better address their customer needs, stay ahead in the market, become the top competitor and get real-time recommendations on business strategies and deals. Contact us to find out how we can help you today.