Cleveland, Ohio – On October 30th Martin Reese launched the Kickstarter campaign for the short fantasy film Mulogo and His Quintuple of Trouble. Martin Reese also wrote the screenplay the film is based on. It was a quarterfinalist in the 2014 Bluecat Screenplay Competition.
“When the screenplay placed so high in the Bluecat Screenplay Competition we felt that this was the validation we needed to show that the project was viable as a Kickstarter campaign.” – Martin Reese
This live action film tells the story of what happens when a wizard’s young apprentice recites a spell from a forbidden book a magic without understanding what he is doing. The result is the conjuring of a powerful, five-headed dragon that is only too eager to make the apprentice pay for his mistake. Mulogo has to depend on his wits in order to find a way to defeat the dragon.
“We love fantasy films that feature young people as heroes and we love family-friendly films. This film project covers both.” –Martin Reese
Mulogo and His Quintuple of Trouble features a very talented cast. JuJuan McCrady will play the film’s main character Mulogo. Edd Schultz will play Master Wizard Alazar. Catherine Anderson will use her voice talents to portray the Dragon’s venomous green head Taipan. Vidah Saeed will use her voice talents to portray both the Dragon’s lethal lightning-spewing blue head Raijin and his hot lava-spewing orange head Veer. Cody Kilpatrick Steele will be voicing both the Dragon’s icy white head Ymir and his fire-breathing red head Surtr.
“We will be filming the main actors in front of a green screen. In fact it is the largest permanent green screen studio sound stage in the State of Ohio. We will be using a lot of CGI in this film. For example we will be building and animating the Dragon and building the castle interior which is the film’s setting. It’s challenging, but that’s what makes it fun.” – Martin Reese
The project has a talented team of artists and crew members that will ensure the success of the film.
This project is currently undergoing a Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign which runs until December 15th. Donors are encouraged to check out Mulogo and His Quintuple of Trouble on Facebook for pictures and all of the latest news on the project and funding. Crowdfunding contributions will come with the following rewards:
● $10 – Novice Level Reward – You will get a special “Thank you” in the film’s end credits.
● $25 – Apprentice Level Reward – You get a special coffee mug with your choice of Mulogo, Alazar or the Dragon and a special “Thank you” in the film’s end credits
● $35 – Initiate Level Reward – You get a Dragon mouse pad, the special coffee mug with your choice of Mulogo, Alazar or the Dragon and the special “Thank you” in the film’s end credits.
● $50 – Journeyman Level Reward – You get a T-Shirt and the $35.00 perks.● $75 – Limited edition Alastair Tembylton poster print plus all prior perks.
● $100 – Adept Level Reward – You get the official DVD and the $50.00 perks
● $250 – Magus Level Reward – You get a movie poster signed by the director and the cast and the $100.00 perks.● $500 – Become an associate producer, complete with an IMDb profile and access to the cast and crew. This is in addition to all prior perks.
● $500 – Master Level Reward – You get a full color of drawing of yourself as a master wizard or an apprentice and the $250.00 perks.
● $1000 – Grandmaster Level Reward – You get an Associate Producer credit on IMDB, a commemorative book with all production art, and the $250.00 perks.
● $2500 – Legendary Level Reward – You get an Executive Producer credit on IMDB, a commemorative book with all production art, access to the set during filming and the $250.00 perks.
For more info on the project you can check out the Kickstarter campaign here.
Distributed by CrowdfundingPR
Company Name: Mulogo and His Quintuple of Trouble
Contact Person: Martin Reese
Country: United States