Hallandale Beach, FL – Brake Kingdom prides itself in being the most resource driven Florida based auto repair shop dedicated to educating clients on how to take good care of their vehicles. Brake Kingdom now provides top solutions to help auto owners deal with car overheating on the road.
A car engine’s cooling system centers around the radiator which keeps the car’s engine cool. Driving generates a lot of heat during the combustion process. Therefore, it needs constant cooling to avoid pistons seizing up and snapping, or even a head gasket blowing off. When a car’s engine is running, its pistons move up and down the bores at anywhere between 1500 rpm at idle to 8000rpm at flat-out which creates heat and friction. The engine operating temperature range for most cars is between 195 to 220 degrees Fahrenheit.
“Signs of a car overheating begin with the water temperature gauge. It should be running at no more than 90 degrees. If it starts to rise, then stop. Heed the warning!” explained Israel Avila, representative of Brake Kingdom. The following outlines the top solutions provided by Brake Kingdom ‘Auto Education’ Series, the top auto engineer to deal with car overheating in South Florida Summer:
Five things to do first:
1. Turn off the AC as soon as the overheating starts. Did you know that the energy used to make your car’s interior cool actually makes the engine hotter?
2. Turn on the heat for immediate (and uncomfortable) damage control- It sounds counter-intuitive, but it lets some of the excess heat get out of your car until you can get off the road.
3. Pull Over – you need to get off the road and do some more troubleshooting.
4. Rev the Engine – put your car into neutral or park. Revving the engine lightly will help drop your engine’s temperature.
5. Open the hood. Please be careful. Of course you were prepared (because you read this). Don’t injure yourself trying to screw off a piping hot radiator cap! If fluids are low, add coolant or water to the radiator when your engine is OFF and cool again.
Coolant, a mixture of antifreeze (ethylene glycol) and water is a fluid pumped around the engine and kept cool with the help of the radiator.
Common causes for a clogged radiator are dirt, dead insects and loose debris such as stones. These will block the airflow through the radiator resulting in it overheating. Open the bonnet and you can usually see this clearly.
6. Get Help – these quick fixes are to be used if you find your car overheating while you’re on the road. There’s a chance overheating is an indicator of a larger problem with your coolant flow or something else.
Auto repair company, Brake Kingdom of Hallandale Beach, Florida is a result driven, customer centric and affordable company focused on providing quality auto repair services to clients in the surrounding environment at half the price of nearby Enterprise auto rentals.
They have been in the industry for decades and have gained credibility for what they do. They have obtained industry license such as the following: All Miami-Dade and Florida local, county and state licenses and ASE Certified – AATI license.
Brake Kingdom’s guide to car overheating is just one of the many things that this Florida auto repair company is capable of. They are also known for excellent customer service. They offer the best automotive repairs, maintain honesty in their customer dealings, are polite and courteous with customers, and provide quick turnaround to get the client’s vehicle back on the road.
Auto repair services provided by Brake Kingdom entails auto services, oil change, radiator repair, brake repair, engine repair, tune up, transmission and auto interiors works. Brake Kingdom Yelp Reviews and Brake Kingdom Google Review gives their Hallandale Beach auto repair services a 5-star rating.
Brake Kingdom is located at 915 W Hallandale Beach Blvd, Hallandale Beach, FL 33009. Contact them via phone 305-933-2882 or via email at email@example.com. For additional information, visit their website at http://www.brakekingdom.com.
Company Name: Brake Kingdom
Contact Person: Israel Avila
Email: Send Email
Address:915 W Hallandale Beach Blvd
City: Hallandale Beach
Country: United States