Springfield, MO – This delightful book series, about the beginning of a small railroad, has the look and feel of a classic. It’s fun to see the first locomotive, saved from the scrap pile, embrace his new role as the journey begins. The action gets exciting as the engine discovers adventures that await in his new home. A wondrously illustrated choice of bedtime reading for train lovers everywhere; or a new favorite for young readers of short stories. Please join us as the Ozark Mountain Railroad gets its start and the dream begins!
Teen Author, Isaac ben Levi, is pleased to announce the release of his new book for little children, “Li’l Great Railroad Series: Happy Engines Back at Work.” Published July 23, 2018, the book is available both in print and eBook format, and can be purchased on Amazon.
Isaac has been busy this year. Book 1 “Our First Locomotive” released in March 2018 and Book 2 “Old Reliable Locomotives” released in May of 2018. Book 3 in the “Great Railroad Series: The Turbine Locomotive” will be released in August of 2018.
About the Author
Isaac ben Levi has always been fascinated with the railroad and history surrounding how it brought life to towns across the nation. He is currently a sophomore in High School and is an encyclopedia of railroad knowledge. His dream is to inspire children of all ages to learn about the impact of trains and perhaps one day build a line himself.
When he is not writing, you will find him in the Ozark Mountains enjoying all that life on a homestead provides. His beloved animals, LEGO trains, shooting sports, photography, art, science, survival skills, and reading are among his favorites.
Happy Customer Reviews:
– “Readers of all ages, and stages will enjoy this wonderful story. Train lovers and historians of course will LOVE it, but the story line is written so well that EVERYONE will be drawn into the tale. The characters are wholesome, encouraging, and kind of heart; something that is very important to our family.”
– “The illustrations are beautiful and help spark the imagination as you read along. The quality is outstanding and VERY professional. Our family looks forward to the continuation of the series and watching this gifted author.”
– “What a wonderful read for anyone who has been told they are old and useless and have no purpose anymore. This is a story about a steam engine that was made for a greater purpose that led to a more fulfilling journey. I kept thinking of the beloved classic, “The Little Engine that Could” and found myself cheering the main character on. I love that the series teaches on some actual railroad history in the Ozark Mountains area. This would be wonderful supplementary material for homeschoolers who are learning on the history of the railroad, or for anyone who loves trains as much as the author of this series. The additional materials to further learning and enjoyment offered at the back of the book are a plus! I look forward to reading more of this series in the future.”
– “All my grandchildren are fascinated with trains. This was a wonderful story to read to all of them. They range in ages from 3 to 7 and were captivated just as I was to follow the journey of this treasured locomotive. Beautiful illustrations with a story to match. I look forward to reading more from this Series.”
– “As a fan of historical fiction, I found this book to be enchanting. It blends historic fact with fantasy that all ages can relate to. I love the message in the background that one is never too old to be useful and achieve success. The intelligence of the young writer appears in many different shapes and forms. I would recommend the story to all regardless of gender or a deep interest in trains. I look forward to the next book release. Congratulations to the author.”
– “What a great book! My wife and I both read this book and we loved it! Isaac ben Levi, you definitely know how to draw your audience in. We really did love it. When it came to the end, we both wanted more! Please, tell us … is there going to be a sequel? Go #1!”
– “Highly recommend! Wonderful reading for our sons, ages 5 and 9. Story line is engaging, and pictures include authentic detail. Love the ties to actual history of the Ozark Mountain Railroad. Looking forward to other books in this series. Thanks to the author for including the free coloring pages on his website. And the Lego build is pretty cool, too!”
– “Though I believe it’s intended more as a read-aloud for younger children, both my 12- year-old and 9-year-old daughters loved this book. The story is engaging and the language is not dumbed down in any way. We are eager to read the next installment of Andrew’s adventures when it is released.”
– “A great story from the eyes of a locomotive. Couldn’t put it down once started reading it. Great gift for a child.”