The global Disinfectants Market was valued at US$ 28,380 Million in 2017, according to Disinfectants Market Report, By Product Type (Oxidizing Agents, Phenolic, Quaternary Ammonium Compounds, Aldehydes), By End-Use Industry (Healthcare, Food & Beverages, Chemical Processing Industry and Others), published by Coherent Market Insights. The Disinfectants is projected to reach US$ 41,955.6 by 2025, exhibiting a CAGR of 5.2% during the forecast period.
High prevalence of infectious diseases and increasing demand for the disinfectants from healthcare industry is fuelling growth of the global disinfectants market. According to the guidelines provided by various regulatory bodies such as Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), World Health Organization (WHO), and others state that incidence of infectious diseases is caused due to insufficient disinfection and that one of the methods for prevention of infectious disease is by proper disinfection.
For instance, according to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (DCD) guidelines, environmental surface disinfection is supported by clinical, epidemiologic, or experimental studies and is significant to control infections due to vancomycin intermediate resistant Staphylococcus aureus, methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, and vancomycin-resistant enterococci. Thus, increasing incidence of infectious disease is considered as one of the major factor, fuelling the growth of the market.
Recent past witnessed rising incidence and prevalence of infectious diseases. For instance, outbreak of Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV) in Saudi Arabia in 2017, and Human infection with avian influenza A(H7N9) virus in China in 2017. Furthermore, according to World Health Organization (WHO), infectious disease namely lower respiratory tract infection caused 3 million deaths in 2016, globally and was the fourth leading cause of death in 2016 worldwide.
To know the latest trends and insights prevalent in this market, click the link below:
Key Trends and Analysis of the Disinfectants Market:
- Based on product type, oxidizing agent segment dominated the global disinfectants market.
- Oxidizing agents oxidize the microbial cell membrane, which causes loss of cell structure, resulting in cell lysis and death. It shows broad spectrum of activity against bacteria, viruses, spores, and fungi.
- Sodium hypochlorite, chloramine, chlorine dioxide, hydrogen peroxide, iodine, ozone, peracetic acid, potassium permanagate, potassium peroxymonosulfate, and ozone are some of the common oxidizing agents used as disinfectants. Sodium hypochlorite is the most commonly used disinfectant in food processing facilities, water treatment, dental, and surgical instruments.
Key Takeaways of the Market:
- In 2017, North America held the dominant position in the global disinfectants market. Significant prevalence of Hospital Acquired Infections (HAIs) including urinary tract infections, surgical site infections, bloodstream infections, respiratory pneumonia, and skin infections in the region is driving growth of the market.
- According to a recent incident encountered in 2017, at Children’s Hospital in New Orleans (U.S.), around dozen of children who underwent cardiac surgery contacted a rare surgical site infection caused by mycobacterium abscessus, according to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- The infection was caused due to improper disinfection of operating room equipment. According to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), mycobacterium abscessus have been known to contaminate medical devices and lead to skin infections. This has led to adoption of proper disinfection procedures to avoid possible cause of HAIs in the near future and is anticipated to support the growth of the disinfectants market in the region.
- Key Players operating in the global disinfectants market include Solvay S.A., Unilever Group, Evonik Industries AG, 3M Company, Procter & Gamble Corporation, DowDuPont Inc., Lanxess AG, BASF S.E., The Clorox Company, and Reckitt Benckiser Plc.
- Mergers and acquisitions and joint ventures are some of the key strategies adopted by the major players to enhance their market presence worldwide. For instance, in February 2017, Solvay S.A. announced partnership with United Chemical Company LLP (UCC), in order to construct new hydrogen peroxide capacity to supply hydrogen peroxide to Kazakhstan and other Central Asian countries.
About Coherent Market Insights:
Coherent Market Insights is a prominent market research and consulting firm offering action-ready syndicated research reports, custom market analysis, consulting services, and competitive analysis through various recommendations related to emerging market trends, technologies, and potential absolute dollar opportunity.
Coherent Market Insights
1001 4th Ave,
Seattle, WA 98154
Company Name: Coherent Market Insights
Contact Person: Mr. Shah
Email: Send Email
Address:1001 4th Ave, #3200
Country: United States