Product name: Protein Quantification Kit (BCA Assay)
Application notes: Abbkine BCA Protein Assay Kit provides a simple, rapid, detergent-compatible procedure for the colorimetric detection and quantitation of total protein. The method utilizes the reduction of the copper cation(Cu2+) to the cuprous cation(Cu+) by protein in an alkaline medium. The generated Cu+ forms an intensely purple-colored complex with the bicinchoninic acid(BSA) with a very strong absorbance at 562nm. The intensity of the water-soluble complex is proportional to the amount of protein in the sample. The BCA Protein Assay is suitable for measuring protein concentration in the range of 50-1000µg/ml.
Detection method: Colorimetric
• BCA Reagent A (2x)
• BCA Reagent B
• BSA Standard
Features & Benefits:
• Time saving — much easier and four times faster than the classical Lowry method.
• Sensitive — detect down to 25 µg/ml and the minimum amount of detection protein reaches 0.5μg.
• Compatible — unaffected by most ionic and nonionic detergents. Can be compatible with up to 5 % SDS, 5 % Triton X-100, 5 % Tween-20, 60, 80 in the sample.
• Good linearity — linear working range from 50 to 1000 µg/ml.
• Excellent uniformity — exhibits less protein-to-protein variation than dye-binding methods.
Calibration range: 50-1000 µg/ml
Limit of detection: 25 µg/ml
Size and Price:
More information, please click KTD3001.
Company Name: Abbkine Scientific
Contact Person: Media Relations
Email: Send Email
Address:Bldg 1, Harbour of Technology Times, No.35, Optical Valley Ave