SON (Self-Organizing Network) technology minimizes the lifecycle cost of running a mobile network by eliminating manual configuration of network elements at the time of deployment, right through to dynamic optimization and troubleshooting during operation. Besides improving network performance and customer experience, SON can significantly reduce the cost of mobile operator services, improving the OpEx-to-revenue ratio and deferring avoidable CapEx.
To support their LTE and HetNet deployments, early adopters of SON have already witnessed a spate of benefits – in the form of accelerated rollout times, simplified network upgrades, fewer dropped calls, improved call setup success rates, higher end-user throughput, alleviation of congestion during special events, increased subscriber satisfaction and loyalty, and operational efficiencies – such as energy and cost savings, and freeing up radio engineers from repetitive manual tasks.
Although SON was originally developed as an operational approach to streamline cellular RAN (Radio Access Network) deployment and optimization, mobile operators and vendors are increasingly focusing on integrating new capabilities such as self-protection against digital security threats, and self-learning through artificial intelligence techniques, as well as extending the scope of SON beyond the RAN to include both mobile core and transport network segments – which will be critical to address 5G requirements such as end-to-end network slicing. In addition, dedicated SON solutions for Wi-Fi and other access technologies have also emerged, to simplify wireless networking in home and enterprise environments.
Download Full Research Report of SON (Self-Organizing Networks) Market @ https://www.radiantinsights.com/research/son-self-organizing-networks-in-the-5g-era-2019-2030
Largely driven by the increasing complexity of today’s multi-RAN mobile networks – including network densification and spectrum heterogeneity, as well as 5G NR (New Radio) infrastructure rollouts, global investments in SON technology are expected to grow at a CAGR of approximately 11% between 2019 and 2022. By the end of 2022, SNS Telecom & IT estimates that SON will account for a market worth $5.5 Billion.
The “SON (Self-Organizing Networks) in the 5G Era: 2019 – 2030 – Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies & Forecasts” report presents an in-depth assessment of the SON and associated mobile network optimization ecosystem, including market drivers, challenges, enabling technologies, functional areas, use cases, key trends, standardization, regulatory landscape, mobile operator case studies, opportunities, future roadmap, value chain, ecosystem player profiles and strategies. The report also presents revenue forecasts for both SON and conventional mobile network optimization, along with individual projections for 10 SON submarkets, and 6 regions from 2019 till 2030.
The report comes with an associated Excel datasheet suite covering quantitative data from all numeric forecasts presented in the report.
The report covers the following topics:
• SON ecosystem
• Market drivers and barriers
• Conventional mobile network planning & optimization
• Mobile network infrastructure spending, traffic projections and value chain
• SON technology, architecture & functional areas
• Review of over 30 SON use cases – ranging from automated neighbor relations and parameter optimization to self-protection and cognitive networks
• Case studies of 15 commercial SON deployments by mobile operators
• Complementary technologies including Big Data, advanced analytics, artificial intelligence and machine learning
• Key trends in next-generation LTE and 5G SON implementations including network slicing, dynamic spectrum management, edge computing, virtualization and zero-touch automation
• Regulatory landscape, collaborative initiatives and standardization
• SON future roadmap: 2019 – 2030
• Profiles and strategies of more than 160 leading ecosystem players including wireless network infrastructure OEMs, SON solution providers and mobile operators
• Strategic recommendations for SON solution providers and mobile operators
• Market analysis and forecasts from 2019 till 2030
Market forecasts are provided for each of the following submarkets and their subcategories:
Mobile Network Optimization
• Conventional Mobile Network Planning & Optimization
SON Network Segment Submarkets
• RAN (Radio Access Network)
• Mobile Core
• Transport (Backhaul & Fronthaul)
SON Architecture Submarkets
• C-SON (Centralized SON)
• D-SON (Distributed SON)
• SON Access Network Technology Submarkets
• 2G & 3G
• Wi-Fi & Others
• Asia Pacific
• Eastern Europe
• Latin & Central America
• Middle East & Africa
• North America
• Western Europe
Request a Free Sample Copy of this Report @ https://www.radiantinsights.com/research/son-self-organizing-networks-in-the-5g-era-2019-2030/request-sample
Key Questions Answered
The report provides answers to the following key questions:
• How big is the SON opportunity?
• What trends, challenges and barriers are influencing its growth?
• How is the ecosystem evolving by segment and region?
• What will the market size be in 2022, and at what rate will it grow?
• Which regions and countries will see the highest percentage of growth?
• How do SON investments compare with spending on traditional mobile network optimization?
• What are the practical, quantifiable benefits of SON – based on live, commercial deployments?
• How can mobile operators capitalize on SON to ensure optimal network performance, improve customer experience, reduce costs, and drive revenue growth?
• What is the status of C-SON and D-SON adoption worldwide?
• What are the prospects of artificial intelligence in SON and mobile network automation?
• What opportunities exist for SON in mobile core and transport networks?
• How can SON ease the deployment of unlicensed and private LTE/5G-ready networks?
• What SON capabilities will 5G networks entail?
• How does SON impact mobile network optimization engineers?
• What is the global and regional outlook for SON associated OpEx savings?
• Who are the key ecosystem players, and what are their strategies?
• What strategies should SON solution providers and mobile operators adopt to remain competitive?
The report has the following key findings:
• Largely driven by the increasing complexity of today’s multi-RAN mobile networks – including network densification and spectrum heterogeneity, as well as 5G NR (New Radio) infrastructure rollouts, global investments in SON technology are expected to grow at a CAGR of approximately 11% between 2019 and 2022. By the end of 2022, SNS Telecom & IT estimates that SON will account for a market worth $5.5 Billion.
• Based on feedback from mobile operators worldwide, the growing adoption of SON technology has brought about a host of practical benefits for early adopters – ranging from more than a 50% decline in dropped calls and reduction in network congestion during special events by a staggering 80% to OpEx savings of more than 30% and an increase in service revenue by 5-10%.
• In addition, SON mechanisms are playing a pivotal role in accelerating the adoption of 5G networks – through the enablement of advanced capabilities such as network slicing, dynamic spectrum management, predictive resource allocation, and the automated of deployment of virtualized 5G network functions.
• To better address network performance challenges amidst increasing complexity, C-SON platforms are leveraging an array of complementary technologies – from artificial intelligence and machine learning algorithms to Big Data technologies and the use of alternative data such as information extracted from crowd-sourcing tools.
• In addition to infrastructure vendor and third-party offerings, mobile operator developed SON solutions are also beginning to emerge. For example, Elisa has developed a SON platform based on closed-loop automation and customizable algorithms for dynamic network optimization. Through a dedicated business unit, the Finnish operator offers its in-house SON implementation as a commercial product to other mobile operators.
List of Companies Mentioned
• 3GPP (Third Generation Partnership Project)
• 5G PPP (5G Infrastructure Public Private Partnership)
• Accedian Networks
• AIRCOM International
• AirHop Communications
• Airspan Networks
• Allot Communications
• Alpha Networks
• Altiostar Networks
• Alvarion Technologies
• Anritsu Corporation
• Arcadyan Technology Corporation
• ARIB (Association of Radio Industries and Businesses, Japan)
• Arista Networks
• ARRIS International
• Artemis Networks
• Artiza Networks
Read more related reports by Radiant Insights:
• Mobile Encryption Market – https://www.radiantinsights.com/research/global-mobile-encryption-market-size-status-and-forecast-2022
This report studies the global Mobile Encryption market, analyzes and researches the Mobile Encryption development status and forecast in United States, EU, Japan, China, India and Southeast Asia.
• Intelligent Platform Management Interface (IPMI) Market – https://www.radiantinsights.com/research/global-intelligent-platform-management-interface-ipmi-market-size-status-and-forecast-2022
This report studies the global Intelligent Platform Management Interface (IPMI) market, analyzes and researches the Intelligent Platform Management Interface (IPMI) development status and forecast in United States, EU, Japan, China, India and Southeast Asia.
Company Name: Radiant Insights, Inc.
Contact Person: Michelle Thoras, Corporate Sales Specialist – USA
Email: Send Email
Phone: (415) 349-0054, Toll Free: 1-888-928-9744
Address:201 Spear Street 1100, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States