The report “Smart Parking Market projected to grow at a CAGR of 17.94% during the forecast period, to reach a market size of $5.25 Billion by 2021 from $2.13 Billion in 2015.
The demand for parking management solutions is increasing, owing to the growing concerns related to traffic congestion and environmental pollution. Parking space operators are offering various services such as security and surveillance, parking reservation management, valet parking management, and license plate recognition. These services reduce wastage of time, enable pre-booking of parking spaces, provide cashless payment options, and enhanced security of vehicle. The parking management market in Asia-Oceania is estimated to be growing at a high CAGR due to the rising number of vehicles on the road, in this region and the need for better traffic and parking management.
Download PDF Brochure @ https://www.marketsandmarkets.com/pdfdownload.asp?id=123959229
Use of parking sensors in smart parking market is growing owing to additional benefits such as driver assistance and safety and optimum utilization of parking space. Ultrasonic sensor is one such parking sensor whose application in smart park assist systems by automobile manufacturers is growing. Similarly, image and radar sensors are coming up as advanced innovation in the smart parking market. Limited availability for parking in traffic dense cities and smaller parking lots has increased the stress related to parking. Consumers’ need for precise parking and improved safety of vehicle, passengers and pedestrians will drive a significant increase in demand for smart parking systems in passenger cars and the demand for parking management solutions. With continuous progress in research and development related to smart parking technologies, demand for smart parking systems and solutions is likely to surge during the forecast period.
Major Market Developments in Smart Parking Market
– In December 2016, based on the Thai government’s 4.0 initiative, Robert Bosch aims to create automated valet parking by 2018.
– In November 2014, Continental AG (Germany) opened a new automotive R&D center for Surround View system, in Lewes East Sussex (U.K.). The Surround View system uses cameras to provide drivers with a 360-degree view of the vehicle. The new center will monitor the ongoing and future trends of the Surround View systems. Future Surround View systems will provide 3D views to the driver of the vehicle and improve situational awareness. The company aims to realize fully automated parking based on camera technology from 2018.
– In February 2014, Valeo S.A. (France) signed a partnership agreement with Leddartech (Canada), a manufacturer of advanced detection and ranging solutions. The agreement enables both companies to develop an infrared sensor for obstacle detection on road and tracking functions. This partnership is in line with Valeo S.A.’s goal of developing high end ultrasonic sensors, radar, cameras, laser scanners and software to make cars safer and more intuitive driven.
There is an increasing demand for connected mobility, as cities across the globe shift towards developing IoT enabled smart traffic and parking management solutions. These solutions will see an increase in the flow of data between smart phones, connected cars, smart parking system, and smart cities and infrastructure. Companies such as Google and Apple are developing software for connected cars. Connected mobility combined with the developments in autonomous vehicles will further develop the smart parking system in passenger cars. Factors such as the emergence of advanced driver assistance systems, 360-degree surround view of vehicles and advanced parking sensors that interact with vehicles and infrastructure will drive the demand for smart parking market.
Smart Parking Market Target Audience:
– Automotive smart park assist system manufacturers & component suppliers
– Parking Management Solution Providers
– Parking Management Hardware and Services Providers
– Automotive OEMs, Industry Associations, and other driver assistance manufacturers
– The automobile industry and related end-user industries
The security and surveillance segment of the parking solutions market, in terms of value, is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR from 2016 to 2021. The growing need for protection of people, property, and vehicle in a parking space has become a key focus point for parking space operators. In order to ensure safety of their vehicle, consumers prefer parking spaces that are under surveillance. These security and surveillance parking management solutions use cameras for surveillance of parking spaces. The cameras are used to monitor any intrusion and events that occur at the parking site. The demand for safe parking management solutions such as security and surveillance will increase owing to the rise in number of vehicles on the road and governments across the world planning and implementing smart cities initiative.
Request Sample @ https://www.marketsandmarkets.com/requestsample.asp?id=123959229
Company Name: MarketsandMarkets
Contact Person: Mr. Shelly Singh
Email: Send Email
Address:630 Dundee Road Suite 430
Country: United States