The global recombinant DNA technology market is expected to reach USD 844.6 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Success of genetically engineered human insulin in diabetes treatment has triggered the development of many other recombinant therapeutics and drugs. This has translated to the huge success of Recombinant DNA (rDNA) technology. This technology has offered significant prospects for elucidating the gap between disease and its effective treatment.
Widespread successful application of this technique in veterinary product development, genetically modified crop development, bio pesticides & biofuel production, and gene therapy, are expected to spur the adoption of this technology throughout the forecast period.
Use of Genetically Modified (GM) products, such as GM animals, developed using rDNA method are found to be indispensable to accelerate medical research. Furthermore, more than 3000 scientific studies have been carried out to assess the GM products safety in context to its impact on human health and environment.
In addition, there is rising need to improve the recombinant proteins’ production capacity by several folds, owing to increase in demand for effective therapeutics for disease treatment. The aforementioned fact pronounces the technological advances in this sector thus driving growth.
As per Monsanto and other proponents of GM crops, genetic engineering is one of the fastest and widely adopted agricultural innovations over the past few years. This, in turn, is expected bolster the adoption of rDNA technology for non-traditional applications.
Full Research Report On Recombinant DNA Technology Market Analysis: www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/recombinant-dna-technology-market
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Medical rDNA products dominated the share in 2016 in terms of revenue generation
- This can be attributed to the commercial success of insulin which has prompted firms for further development of recombinant drugs
- Owing to efficient transient and stable expression capabilities, mammalian expression system captured the largest share
- This share is also supported by the improvements in media for high yield using mammalian expression system
- Health & disease accounted with the largest share in revenue
- Gene therapy, antibodies production, drug metabolism investigation, recombinant therapeutic & vaccine development are recognized as major applications of this technology in human healthcare management
- Various end-use segments served by this market encompass pharmaceutical & biotech entities, academic & research institutes, and other industrial entities
- End-use wise, pharmaceutical and biotechnology firms are estimated to be the largest segment owing to the presence of substantial number of biopharma entities that have adopted rDNA products
- North America held the largest share owing to the presence of effective regulations pertaining to the approval of recombinant therapeutics as well as GM products
- Asia Pacific is expected to emerge as the fastest growing regional market
- Conducting clinical trials in Asian countries such as India is relatively less expensive compared to western countries. This has resulted into migration of several global biopharmaceutical developers towards this region
- Biogen; Amgen Inc., Eli Lilly and Company, Monsanto Company, Novartis AG, and F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd are some of the major companies operating in this space
Browse More Reports Of This Category By Grand View Research At: www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/biotechnology
Grand View Research has segmented the global recombinant DNA technology market on the basis of product, component, application, end-use, and region:
Recombinant DNA Technology Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Therapeutic Agent
- Human Protein
- Biotech Crops
- Specialty Chemicals
Recombinant DNA Technology Component Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Expression System
- Cloning Vector
Recombinant DNA Technology Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Food & Agriculture
- Health & Disease
Recombinant DNA Technology End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Companies
- Academic & Government Research Institutes
Recombinant DNA Technology Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
Explore the BI enabled intuitive market research database, Navigate with Grand View Compass, by Grand View Research, Inc.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
For more information: www.grandviewresearch.com
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States