The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Cell-Based Assay Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2018-2023”, finds that the global cell-based assay market reached a value of around US$ 13.2 Billion in 2017. Cell-based assay is an analytical method used to determine the concentration of a substance by observing their effects on living organisms (in vivo) or tissues (in vitro). It plays an important role in monitoring environmental pollutants, testing cytotoxicity and developing new drugs. Cell-based assay is often used to evaluate numerous biochemical, functional and biological effects including gene activation, cell signaling, cell proliferation, antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxicity (ADCC), complement-dependent cytotoxicity (CDC), apoptosis and necrosis. Over the past few years, cell-based assay has been more frequently utilized for drug discovery as it saves time and money.
Browse full report with TOC: https://www.imarcgroup.com/cell-based-assays-market
Cell-based assays are used in a broad range of applications including detection of viral contamination, screening for antimicrobial and antiviral compounds, and evaluating toxic and non-toxic substances. For instance, cell-based assays are highly useful in screening mutagenesis in cancers like chronic myeloid leukemia. These assays are also used in the drug discovery process owing to their numerous advantages including miniaturization, multiplexing and predictability; the possibility of automation; and the ability to check for drug stability, purification and potency. Besides this, with rising government support and growing availability of funds for research, cell-based assays are being widely used by biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies to develop therapeutics for life-threatening and neurodegenerative diseases. Moreover, the development of new technologies by the manufacturers, such as advanced detection technologies and 3D cell-based assays, are providing them with lucrative opportunities in untapped markets. Looking forward, the market is projected to reach a value of US$ 21.1 Billion by 2023, exhibiting a CAGR of around 8% during 2018-2023.
Request For Free Sample Pdf Copy: https://www.imarcgroup.com/request?type=report&id=1079&flag=B
- Based on products, the market has been segregated into consumables, instruments, services and software. Amongst these, consumables are the most popular product in the global cell-based assay market.
- On the basis of technologies, automated handling dominates the market, followed by flow cytometry, label-free-detection, high-throughput screening and others.
- Based on applications, drug discovery represents the largest application segment, accounting for the majority of the global share. Drug discovery is followed by basic research, ADME studies, predictive toxicology and others.
- The market has also been segregated on the basis of end-users into pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, academic and government institutions and contract research organizations. Currently, pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies are the largest end-user.
- Region-wise, North America enjoys the leading position in the global cell-based assay market. Other major regions are Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America.
- The global cell-based assay market has also been analyzed with some of the key players being Becton Dickinson, Danaher Corporation, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., General Electric Company, Merck KGaA, Perkinelmer, Inc., Charles River Laboratories, Inc., Lonza Group Ltd., Cell Signaling Technology, Inc., Promega Corporation, Cisbio Bioassays, Cell Biolabs, Inc., Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., Corning, Inc. and F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
Browse related reports:
Global Vacuum Ovens Market Report 2018-2023: https://www.imarcgroup.com/vacuum-ovens-market
Europe Biosimilar Market Report 2018-2023: https://www.imarcgroup.com/europe-biosimilar-market
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.