Diagnostic imaging market Overview
Medical imaging is the method of creating a visual image of the inside of the body for medical intervention. These devices aid in creating a databank of normal anatomy and physiology of internal organs so that any irregularity can be observed instantly.
The capability to generate pictures of a patient’s internal anatomy and alter them to film through diagnostic imaging has transformed the way several diseases and injuries are spotted, diagnosed, and treated. This market has applications in several medical areas like neurology, cardiology, and orthopaedics. Internationally, most of the industrialized nations are spending a huge part of their GDP on healthcare necessities. US is set to devote almost 20% of its GDP on healthcare by 2017, a large proportion than any other developed country.
The growth of the Global Diagnostic Imaging Market is mostly driven by factors such as a rising prevalence of cancer and cardiac, neurological, and musculoskeletal disorders, rise in cognizance for prompt diagnosis, increasing number of diagnostic imaging techniques, and improving healthcare infrastructure in developing markets. However, factor such as expensive procedures & equipment, side effects of diagnostic imaging procedures and saturation in industrialized countries are hindering the growth of the market.
Diagnostic imaging market Forecast Report (2018-2023)
The Global Diagnostic Imaging Market worth was worth USD 31.61 billion in 2018 and estimated to be growing at a CAGR of 6.60%, to reach USD 43.51 billion by 2023.
Browse Report Brief and TOC @ https://www.marketdataforecast.com/market-reports/global-diagnostic-imaging-market-654/
Diagnostic imaging market Segmentation
The Global Diagnostic Imaging market is classified based on Type and Application. The market for Diagnostic Imaging, based on type is divided into X-Rays, Nuclear Medicine, Ultrasound, MRI, Tomography, Thermography, Tactile Imaging, Photoacoustic Imaging, Elastography, and Functional near-infrared spectroscopy, Echocardiography. Each modality is further separated into sub-sectors. The X-ray and ultrasound systems market is divided since technology and portability respectively. The nuclear imaging systems market is characterised into PET Imaging, Scintigraphy, and SPECT Imaging. Based on Application, the global Diagnostic Imaging market is classified into Cardiology, Oncology, Neurology, Gastroenterology, Orthopaedics, Gynaecology, and Others. Tomography is a commonly used method as it increases the chances of cancer discovery and decreases the cases of the patient being called for further tests. 3D imaging is anticipated to develop in all markets during the forecast period.
The market has also been geographically divided into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Rest of the World. North America accounted for the large share in the global Diagnostic Imaging market with nearly 20% of the GDP spent on healthcare by the USA. However, The Asia-Pacific region is projected to develop at the highest CAGR during the forecast period due to reasons such as rapidly ageing populace and surge in the chronic disease population.
Key Developments in the Market
- February 2018: The Canon Medical Systems received US FDA clearance for Vantage Galan 3T XGO edition, with the all-new Saturn X Gradient to gives up to 30% improved signal-to-noise ratio for brain diffusion-weighted imaging.
- December 2017: The Hitachi Medical Systems Europe introduced a new 2D/4D cardiovascular ultrasound system, “LISENDO 880”, which features HD Analytics for cardiac hemodynamic assessments, at EuroEcho Imaging 2017, in Lisbon, at Portugal.
The major companies dominating the Diagnostic Imaging market are
- GE Healthcare
- Siemens Healthcare
- Toshiba Medical Systems Corporation
- Hitachi Medical Corporation
- Hologic Inc.
- Fujifilm Corporation
- Shimadzu Corporation.
The scope of the report:
1. Global, regional and country-level analysis and forecasts of the study market; providing Insights on the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and to also identify the untapped regions.
2. Segment-level analysis in terms of technology, component, and type along with market size forecasts and estimations to detect key areas of industry growth in detail
3. Identification of key drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges (DROC) in the market and their impact on shifting market dynamics
4. Study of the effect of exogenous and endogenous factors that affect the global market; which includes broadly demographic, economics, and political, among other macro-environmental factors presented in an extensive PESTLE Analysis
5. Study the micro environment factors that determine the overall profitability of an Industry, using Porter’s five forces analysis for analyzing the level of competition and business strategy development
6. A comprehensive list of key market players along with their product portfolio, current strategic interests, key financial information, legal issues, SWOT analysis and analyst overview to study and sustain the market environment
7. Competitive landscape analysis listing out the mergers, acquisitions, collaborations in the field along with new product launches, comparative financial studies and recent developments in the market by the major companies
8. An executive summary, abridging the entire report in such a way that decision-making personnel can rapidly become acquainted with background information, concise analysis and main conclusions
Market Data Forecast is a firm working in the areas of market research, business intelligence and consulting. We have rich experience in research and consulting for various business domains to cater to the needs of both individual and corporate clients.
Company Name: Market Data Forecast
Contact Person: Abhishek Shukla
Email: Send Email
Address:2nd Floor, Lakeview Plaza, Kavuri Hills, flimnagar