In today’s 24/7, never-unplugged culture, women have a world of opportunity at their fingertips. But with social media also at their fingertips, the pressure to appear flawless is at an all-time high. Despite recent movements emphasizing body positivity, research continues to show that most women are still unhappy with the way they look.
Seline Shenoy, life coach, podcast host and founder of The Dream Catcher blog community, is challenging this quest for perfection with her groundbreaking new book, Beauty Redefined: How to Feel Authentically Beautiful in Today’s World (Austin Macaulay Publishers, May 31, 2018) — the antithesis of diet and fitness books that promise to help you craft the body of your dreams. Offering women the inspiration they need to become the best version of themselves, Shenoy reveals essential strategies to cultivate your unique talents and skills — whatever your size, shape, or background.
“The tricky road to self-love is filled with emotional minefields,” says Shenoy. “That’s why women are in dire need of guidance and tools to discover genuine self-acceptance. This book is for the woman who is ready to overcome self-doubt and instigate positive change, so she can embody a wholehearted and conscious way of living.”
By exposing the cultural, biological, and psychological influencers that shape our views on feminine beauty, Beauty Redefined ignites a much-needed revolution. Instead of sugar-coating reality, Shenoy acknowledges that a woman’s looks matter in today’s world; however, she challenges women to discover their inner strengths, share them with the world, and create a paradigm shift that defines beauty by character — instead of appearance.
Beauty Redefined offers an engaging, practical roadmap to the authentic you, covering topics including:
- Poor body image and low self-worth: The detrimental influence this has on every aspect of a woman’s life, and how to help them realize they deserve more
- The Mind of the Beholder? How historical, social, cultural, and biological factors impact society’s perception of physical beauty
- The “Beauty Premium:” The unspoken benefits of beauty and the toxic role it plays in the workplace
- Tips and tricks for recognizing your unique brand of beauty, embracing your power, and making your mark on the world
- The social media factor: Has this helped—or hurt—the way women view their looks and bodies?
- Ten traits of a modern day “True Beauty” (TB) and how to apply these traits to achieve meaningful things in your life and build a virtuous character focused on spreading love, compassion and making worthy contributions.
- Igniting the beauty revolution: What we need to do as individuals—and as a society—in order to truly redefine our obsession with appearance and move away from a self-centered and ego driven paradigm when it comes to evaluating beauty.
- The psychological causes and symptoms of negative self-image and steps we can take to overcome them
“Don’t waste any more time living in a state of despondency because you don’t match up to the shallow standards espoused by mainstream opinion,” adds Shenoy. “This is your life and only you have the power and capacity to make it one amazing journey!
SELINE SHENOY is a passionate author, podcast host, and life coach who focuses on personal empowerment, self-esteem, productivity, and wellness. As the founder of The Dream Catcher, a blog community that encourages people to live their ideal life, Shenoy’s inspirational message has been attracting thousands of people worldwide since 2014. She is a regular contributor to a variety of publications including Forbes, NBC, MindBodyGreen, Elite Daily, Life Hack, and Global Love Project.
Born and raised in Dubai, Shenoy has a multifaceted global perspective, and has travelled to more than 35 countries across Europe, North America, Australia, Asia, the Middle East, and Africa. In addition to earning a Bachelor of Science in Marketing and Psychology from the University of Illinois Urbana Champaign and a Master’s in International Marketing from Emerson College, Shenoy has certifications in hypnotherapy, life coaching, NLP, and personality assessments.