Global Semiconductor Market: Demand Analysis and Growth Forecast
On the back of growing ubiquity of electronic devices as well as the prosperity of the automotive industry particularly in APAC region, the global semiconductor market is ready to return strong profits, according to the findings of a newly published market research report from IndustryARC. The report estimates the global semiconductor market to be worth $420 billion to $430 billion as of 2018, with the demand increasing at a formidable CAGR of 10% to 12% during the forecast period of 2019 to 2025. The report is titled “semiconductor market by type (Intrinsic Semiconductor, Extrinsic Semiconductor); by components ( Seals, Filters, Mass flow Controllers, Valves, Others); by instrument (Collection, Monitoring, Data Measurement, Others); by subsystem (Robotics, Vacuum, Power Conversion, Others)); by process (Water Production, Wafer Fabrication, Doping, Masking, Etching, Others); by application (Networking &Telecommunication, Energy, Automotive, Computing, Consumer Electronics, Sports & Fitness, Others)& Geographic Analysis-Forecast (2019-2025).”
Semiconductor exhibits the properties of metal as well as an insulator. Most common semiconductors are silicon and germanium that are used because of their manipulative behavior and higher electrical conductivity. The semiconductor devices require low voltage for operations, and the semiconductor circuit is very small and cost-effective, which makes it suitable for devices with the flat and small body such as flat televisions.
Global Semiconductor Market: Leading Segments
As per the evaluations of the IndustryARC report, APAC dominated in terms of demand with a regional share of more than 70% in 2018. Furthermore, automotive is the leading application with a CAGR of around 10% during the aforementioned forecast period. Different IC’s are used in automotive products such as collision detection systems, infotainment systems, and navigation control. Additionally, growing demand for electric/hybrid vehicles with increased emission legislation and environmental awareness is propelling the demand for semiconductor use in automotive. Furthermore, the demand for smart cars and self-driven trucks is increasing the demand for sensors which in turn is fueling the demand influx in the semiconductor market.
Global Semiconductor Market: Trends
• The demand influx in the semiconductor market is majorly depended upon the Internet of Things revolution (IoT), autonomous vehicles, artificial intelligence, and emerging technologies such as virtual reality and augmented reality. These developments are increasing demand for semiconductors that are used for sensors and analogs ICs in the market.
• In 2017, China Ministry of Industry and Information Technology along with IBM Watson Group planned to produce neural network processing chips by the year 2020 with the total investment of $200 million. Now, this is a revolutionary move that is going to spawn other players in the semiconductor market.
• Advance emergence in display technologies are now continuing their business in 3D and ultra-high definition (UHD) TVs, Hybrid systems, and laptops in the consumer electronics sector are increasing demand for semiconductor ICs which will further enhance the semiconductor market.
• Make in India associative by the Government of India increased the distribution for encouragement organizations such as the Modified Special Incentive Package Scheme (M-SIPS) and the Electronic Development Fund (EDF) to $111 million that will boost the semiconductor as well as the electronics manufacturing industry.
• Open-source hardware and creating silicon from different parts, is gaining influence from organizations due to reduced cost and time-to-market for varied designs.
Global Semiconductor Market: Competitive Landscape
Some of the major players in the market are Intel, Samsung, Qualcomm, Broadcom, SK Hynix, Micron, TI, Toshiba, NXP, MediaTek, Western Digital, STMicroelectronics, Infineon, Sony, Renesas, Apple, Analog Devices, and AMD.
View Full Table of Contents of Semiconductor Market :
A. Semiconductor Coolers Market
B. Semiconductor Intellectual Property Market
What can you expect from the report?
The Semiconductor Market is Prepared with the Main Agenda to Cover the following 20 points:
1. Semiconductor Market Size by Product Categories & Application
2. Semiconductor Market trends & Relevant Market Data
3. Manufacturer Landscape
4. Distributor Landscape
5. Pricing Analysis
6. Top 10 End-user Analysis
7. Product Benchmarking
8. Product Developments
9. Mergers & Acquisition Analysis
10. Patent Analysis
11. Semiconductor Market Demand Analysis (Revenue & Volume)
12. Country-level Analysis
13. Competitor Analysis
14. Semiconductor Market Shares Analysis
15. Value Chain Analysis
16. Supply Chain Analysis
17. Semiconductor Market Strategic Analysis
18. Semiconductor Market Current & Future Market Landscape Analysis
19. Opportunity Analysis
20. Semiconductor Market Revenue and Volume Analysis
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. Does IndustryARC provide customized reports and charge additionally for limited customization?
Response: Yes, we can customize the report by extracting data from our database of reports and annual subscription databases. We can provide the following free customization:
1. Increase the level of data in the application or end-user industry.
2. Increase the number of countries in geography chapter.
3. Find out market shares for other smaller companies or companies which are of interest to you.
4. Company profiles can be requested based on your interest.
5. Patent analysis, pricing, product analysis, product benchmarking, value and supply chain analysis can be requested for a country or end-use segment.
Any other custom requirements can be discussed with our team, drop an e-mail to email@example.com to discuss more about our consulting services.
Talk to one of our sales representative about the full report by providing your details in the link below:
About IndustryARC: IndustryARC is a Research and Consulting Firm that publishes more than 500 reports annually, in various industries such as Agriculture, Automotive, Automation & Instrumentation, Chemicals and Materials, Energy and Power, Electronics, Food and Beverages, Information Technology, and Life sciences and Healthcare.