Sophisticated. Modern. Luxurious. Ortiz Milano redefines luxury by fusing California Design with Italian Craftsmanship. Susan Hornbeak Ortiz, the acclaimed and award-winning furniture designer, has partnered with Italian artisans to create a truly innovative collection of furniture and lighting for Ortiz Milano. The new company was founded by Susan and Russ Ortiz and will showcase its inaugural Maverick collection in Hall 3 at the Salone Del Mobile in Milan on April 9, 2019 and at www.ortizmilano.com
Creative Director Susan Hornbeak Ortiz balances unique and innovative design with the highest levels of function and comfort.
The 2019 Inaugural Collection Features
- The Spring 2019 Ortiz Milano Maverick collection consists of upholstery, case goods and lighting featuring over 100 new designs.
- Blend of modern luxury and timeless craftsmanship. Innovative design and classic sculptural lines.
- Rich finishes and luxurious leathers crafted into iconic objects of beauty with highest level of function and comfort.
- Also featured, luxurious Rubelli velvets, rich Lealpell leathers, opulent metallic lacquers and hand-finished woods with exquisite finishes.
- Her inaugural collection for Ortiz Milano is deeply rooted in a 1970’s design vernacular interpreting these inspirations for the modern world. Moved by such design icons such as Joe Colombo and Carlo Scarpa, the Spring ’19 Collection is both transformational and a new departure in Susan’s evolution as a designer.
- The Maverick Collection is named after a legendary surf beak just off the coast at Pillar Point in Northern California– where 60-feet high thunderous waves draw the best big-wave surfers from all over the world. Maverick’s is a force of nature with global impact which is our goal with Ortiz Milano.
“Ortiz Milano has unleashed a new level of creativity within me, given the artisanal resources that I have now at my fingertips with our partners in Italy and my growth as a designer. The depth of finishes and manufacturing attention to details has unlocked new possibilities for me creatively, and I am loving every moment,” commented Hornbeak Ortiz.
Susan and Russ started to visualize the Ortiz Milano brand back in the Spring of 2018. They imagined a company that mixes innovative designs with the timeless craftsmanship of Italian artisans that have been perfecting their craft in the same Milanese neighborhoods for well over two centuries. “Designed in California” and “Handcrafted in Italy” are two marks of enduring excellence that are world renowned, and Ortiz Milano manages to artfully bring them together in a truly unique and avant-garde fashion.
Susan holds a Master of Fine Arts degree from UCLA and has done many solo Fine Art exhibitions. She has also co-founded Shine by S.H.O, a thriving global lifestyle brand with furniture, lighting, rugs, artwork and fabrics, and a diffusion brand named SHO MODERN. She has supplied furniture and lighting to luxury brands such as Chanel, Dior and Cartier and her furniture designs have been widely published and featured in prestigious publications such as ‘Elle Décor’ and ‘Architectural Digest’. Additionally, Susan was named a Designer of the Year in 2018 by Modern Luxury Magazine as well as winning the prestigious Pinnacle Award for Table of the Year design awarded by the American Society of Furniture Designers.
Ortiz Milano’s global headquarters is located on the coast of Southern California with manufacturing and European offices located in Milan, Italy.
For more information, please visit: www.ortizmilano.com