With energy costs steadily increasing it’s no wonder that more and more Canadians are seeking methods that will bring down their energy bill costs and help to save their family money. These higher bills are a burden to many Canadians but there are ways to save money, all while keeping the internal temperatures of your home comfortable.
Some of the most common ways to save money on heating and cooling your home are:
- Adjust the temperature accordingly – If no one is home during the day, reduce the temperature a few degrees in the winter or raise it a few degrees in the summer.
- Open your windows – During the spring and summer months, open the windows in your home as often as possible and avoid using your air conditioner whenever possible.
- Open and close your blinds accordingly – During the cooler months of the year, open your blinds during the day to allow the sun to heat your house while in the warmer months, keep your blinds closed to keep your house cooler inside.
- Dress according to the temperature – If it is cool outside, wear warm layers on your body and slippers on your feet. If it is warm out, wear shorts, t-shirts and go barefoot while inside to help regulate your body temperature without having to touch the thermostat.
- Minimize the use of kitchen and bathroom fans – Kitchen and bathroom fans can remove heated or cooled air from your home so use them only when necessary.
- Maintain your heating and cooling units – Replace furnace filters and have your furnace and air conditioner serviced regularly to ensure that they are running as efficiently as possible.
One final method that can significantly reduce your monthly energy bill is replacing your old windows. Windows that are outdated are not as efficient at keeping the internal temperature of your home consistent. Drafts can sneak through broken seals and windows of the past were made of thinner glass which does little to keep the heat in.
Hometech Windows and Doors, located in Edmonton, Alberta, is a window specialist with a focus on helping their clients save money on energy bills while updating the look and feel of their home at the same time.
“Most people don’t realize how important good windows are for an efficient home. It has been estimated that poor window quality is responsible for 25%-30% of heat loss or gain in a home and that is a substantial number. Replacing your worn-out windows is an excellent way to save money and increase the value of your home” states a spokesperson from the company.
If saving money on your heating bills is important to you and your family, then replacing your windows may be the right option for your home. It is a fast an easy way to start saving money and keeping your house comfortable all year round.
About Hometech Windows and Doors
Hometech Windows and Doors is an Edmonton based company that services all of Canada by providing custom doors and windows of all styles and requirements. Their products have been tested to withstand any weather condition and will meet or exceed Energy Star requirements.
Company Name: Hometech Windows and Doors Inc.
Contact Person: David B.
Email: Send Email
Address:18528 111 Ave NW
State: Alberta T5S 2V4