Time flies when you’re busy working on web design, brand strategies and digital marketing. One minute, baby steps as the business gets off the ground and then, before you know it, double figures. We’re delighted to hit this special milestone. Before we get the office party started, let’s look back at how and where we came about and also how far we’ve come.
TRCREATIVE founders Lynsey Edwards and Mike Lawson met and bonded over fonts and layouts when working for other agencies. Both shared a passion to set up a design studio, therefore it made perfect sense to form a creative partnership and start their own business.
Established in 2009, TRCREATIVE was born in a barn in Brereton, Cheshire. It was an old barn with no heating and no bean-to-cup coffee machine but it was a great creative space. It was soon a hub of activity and innovative design, starting with leaflets, logos and websites.
Richard Rankin, the founder of Team Rewards, a firm specialising in employee benefits, is also part of TRCREATIVE’s success story. “Richard owned the barn and put a roof over our heads 10 years ago,” says Lynsey. “His business experience and mentoring have also been invaluable.”
Indeed, the “TR” in TRCREATIVE, is a nod to Team Rewards and Richard is still very much involved; the two businesses work closely together today. There’s also been a major office upgrade – home is now a characterful building in the heart of the Cheshire countryside.
The location might have changed but the passion to build, create and produce exceptional work for clients is as focused as it ever was, if not more. Our clients include TV celebrities Clare Balding and Charlotte Hawkins; Pets at Home; Clive Christian; Westbridge Furniture; Cheshire West & Chester Council and NHS; and a number of new brands, too.
Over the 10 years, here are 10 things we’ve learned and celebrated along the way:
1. Learn and grow: We started out designing logos and websites. Now our services include branding, latest website design and development and a specialised digital marketing team.
2. Embrace change: The digital world never sleeps. We’re constantly adapting to change to get best results in social media advertising, Google Ads, PPC, SEO and conversion rate optimization.
3. Nurture team spirit: A business that pulls together, stays together. Developers and creatives within the team share ideas and inspire each other. We even take it in turns to make the tea.
4. Keep it real: We’re a friendly team of people who communicate directly with clients. There’s no middle-man or creative hierarchy. Our streamlined operation produces better targeted work.
5. Make it memorable: Whether it is branding, creative design or advertising campaigns, whatever we do, we make sure it is highly effective, beautiful and memorable.
6. Never stop learning: We continue to explore, question and learn. Achieving Google Partner status or attending seminars, we do whatever it takes in order to offer the best services.
7. Bring on the challenge: We get excited about exploring new ways to keep our clients happy, including developing unique solutions and building websites to exact requirements.
8. Build relationships: We take pride in creating a close working relationship with our clients. So much so, we retain 93% of our clients, year on year.
9. Love what you do: Passion keeps us fresh and motivated. We’re obsessed about creating, building and problem-solving. This is evident in our design, storytelling and communication.
10. Look to the future: We are growing our digital marketing department. We’ve also launched our own premium template websites to help smaller businesses have a better presence online.
From a big dream and an old barn to a thriving team in a vibrant design studio, we’ve come a long way. Technology and contemporary culture have a big impact on our industry, so we’re always thinking “what next?” But first, the office party. It is time to celebrate 10 years of TRCREATIVE. Did someone say cake?
Company Name: TRCREATIVE
Contact Person: Mike Lawson
Email: Send Email
Phone: 01270 610441
Address:Stapeley House Lodge London Road
Country: United Kingdom