According to a report “Smart Cities Market Analysis Report By Application (Governance, Buildings, Utilities, Transportation, Healthcare, Environmental Solution), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2019 – 2025”, published by Grand View Research, Inc. The global smart cities market is expected to reach USD 237.6 billion by 2025, expanding at a CAGR of 18.9% from 2019 to 2025, according to a new study conducted by Grand View Research, Inc. Smart cities encapsulate an overwhelming number and variety of domains and application areas that are enhanced with technological advancements and their effective use to provide services to people. Be it a major tourism hub or a small community striving to become sustainable, smart city solutions have found their way in diverse areas of urban lifestyle. Demand for city solutions is anticipated to be on the rise, owing to a number of factors such as growing urban population and need to better manage limited natural resources and environmental sustainability. Rapid urbanization, aging infrastructure, and adoption of new technology, coupled with need for improved quality of life, are also driving the industry.
The market presents a diverse set of advantages, such as efficient mobility, enhanced buildings and homes, optimum energy utilization, and better administrative services. Growing adoption of novel technologies that complement management of cities of the future is also a major catalyst in industry growth. The market also stands to benefit from initiatives taken by national and regional governments, residents, and local businesses to implement projects and tend toward cities’ problems.
The smart cities market encompasses myriad sectors such as healthcare, transport, water, assisted living, security, and energy and their implementation varies from city to city due to technological penetration in a specified region. The high amount of initial financial investments, need for consolidation of different departments and sectors, and lack of a systemic approach may have a negative impact on industry growth. Yet, the market is anticipated to grow at a rapid rate in the coming years, driven by industries’ renewed interest, availability of technology, and all-inclusive participation of industry stakeholders.
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Communication infrastructure and web-based services are anticipated to play a major role in the industry’s stride toward global adoption. Inevitable consolidation of services, infrastructure, data, and sensors will help in the creation of truly smart cities of the future
- Major hindrances in the adoption and implementation of these technologies include concerns regarding privacy and security of data
- Attempts have also been made at developing consortiums to support and standardize the smart city market. However, this has been limited to certain regions and application areas due to lack of a systemic approach
- The industry is witnessing different forms of investment scenarios, such as Build Operate Transfer (BOT), Build Operate Manage (BOM), and Build Operate Own (BOO), which are gaining traction as major financial funding measures for smart cities. The BOM model for investment and management is gaining popularity due to ease of operation and a combined control over infrastructure that it offers to interested parties
- Key industry participants include ABB Limited; Accenture; Cisco Systems, Inc.; Schneider Electric SE; Siemens AG; IBM Corporation; and Microsoft Corporation. Other prominent players include Hitachi, Ltd.; Honeywell International Inc.; Intel Corporation; Oracle Corporation; and Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd. The industry is marked with growing number of collaborations between governments and companies to develop and implement pilot projects.
North America smart cities market size, by country, 2016 – 2025 (USD Billion)
Browse More Reports in Medical Devices Industry:
Smart Retail Market – IoT to improve store operations, facilitate accurate inventory management, and enhance consumer’s shopping experience is one of the key trends escalating market growth
Smart Education and Learning Market – Rising demand for innovative and interactive techniques such as educational apps and gamification to enhance learning is also expected to propel the global market.
Grand View Research has segmented the global smart cities market based on application and region:
Smart Cities Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2025)
- City Surveillance
- Command & Control Solution
- Environmental Solution
- Energy Management
- Water Management
- Waste Management
- Intelligent Transportation System
- Parking Management
- Ticketing & Travel Assistance
Smart Cities Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2025)
- North America
- Nordic Region
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
Explore the BI enabled intuitive market research database, Navigate with Grand View Compass, by Grand View Research, Inc.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. This U.S.-based market research and consulting company is registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco. Comprising over 425 analysts and consultants, the company adds 1200+ market research reports to its extensive database each year. Supported by an interactive market intelligence platform, the team at Grand View Research guides Fortune 500 companies and prominent academic institutes in comprehending the global and regional business environment and carefully identifying future opportunities.
For more information: www.grandviewresearch.com
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:201, Spear Street, 1100
City: San Francisco
Country: United States