According to a report,“ Biopharmaceuticals Contract Manufacturing Market Analysis Report By Source, By Service (Process Development, Analytical & QC Studies), By Product (Biologics, Biosimilars), And Segment Forecasts, 2018 – 2025“, published by Grand View Research, Inc., The global Biopharmaceuticals Contract Manufacturing Market size is expected to reach USD 21.7 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., registering a CAGR of 7.5% during the forecast period. Growing biopharmaceutical pipeline and lack of adequate manufacturing capabilities are two key factors driving partnerships between large molecule manufacturers and contract manufacturing organizations (CMOs). Contract manufacturers are engaged in broadening their service portfolio to meet companies’ demand with respect to regulatory standards and new services.
Key Takeaways from the report:
- Based on source, mammalian-based biopharmaceutical contract manufacturing captured the largest market share owing to high penetration of mammalian expression systems for biologics development
- By service, upstream and downstream services accounted for the largest revenue share. Complexities associated with these steps pronounces demand for established contract manufacturers to ensure manufacturing processes compliant with regulatory standards
- Biologics contract manufacturing dominated the market based on product owing to higher demand for biologics production. However, the biosimilar segment is slated to exhibit a lucrative CAGR due to cost-saving advantages associated with its development
- Presence of effective regulatory framework for biologics development in U.S. has resulted in North America market accounting for the dominant share in 2017. However, Asia Pacific is expected to emerge as the fastest growing regional market, with developing economies expanding at a substantial pace and incorporating developments to sustain the competition
- Several international companies are seeking outsourcing of biopharmaceutical production to Asian countries owing to continuous expansion of Asian CMOs that offer services at a reduced price, compared to service providers based in western countries
- Some of the key service providers are Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH; Lonza; Samsung BioLogics; and FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies U.S.A., Inc.
Browse More Reports in Biotechnology Industry:
DNA Testing/Diagnostics Market: Major factors accounting for DNA testing/diagnostics market growth include rising incidences of genetic, infectious, and chronic diseases, reduction in prices of genetic sequencing, growing adoption of precision medicine diagnostic techniques.
Bioinformatics Market: Growing demand in the process of novel drug research and development and private and public funding initiatives to support R&D exercises are expected to be a high impact rendering drivers during the forecast period.
Reliance of companies on CMOs for production of biologics and biosimilars is expected to rise over the forecast period as a consequence of changes adopted by CMOs. This is evident through growing investments in collaborations of companies with CMOs as well as continuous efforts taken up for broadening service portfolios.
The growth of CMOs is highly dependent on promising opportunities offered by the biopharmaceutical industry, bioprocessing industry, and contract service industry. Expansion of fill-and-finish services and increasing robustness of venture capital investments in the life science sector are important opportunities that are anticipated to drive the market.
Grand View Research has segmented the global biopharmaceuticals contract manufacturing market on the basis of source, service, product, and region:
Biopharmaceuticals Contract Manufacturing Source Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
Biopharmaceuticals Contract Manufacturing Service Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Process Development
- Fill & Finish Operations
- Analytical & QC Studies
Biopharmaceuticals Contract Manufacturing Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Monoclonal Antibodies (MAbs)
- Recombinant Proteins
- Antisense, RNAi, & Molecular Therapy
Biopharmaceuticals Contract Manufacturing Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
Explore the BI enabled intuitive market research database, Navigate with Grand View Compass, by Grand View Research, Inc.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. This U.S.-based market research and consulting company is registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco. Comprising over 425 analysts and consultants, the company adds 1200+ market research reports to its extensive database each year. Supported by an interactive market intelligence platform, the team at Grand View Research guides Fortune 500 companies and prominent academic institutes in comprehending the global and regional business environment and carefully identifying future opportunities.
For more information: www.grandviewresearch.com
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:201, Spear Street, 1100
City: San Francisco
Country: United States