According to a report “Acromegaly Treatment Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Somatostatin analogs, GHRA), By End Use (Hospitals & Clinics), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2019 – 2025” published by Grand View Research, Inc, The global Acromegaly Treatment Market size is expected to reach USD 2.10 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is anticipated to register a CAGR of 7.5% over the forecast period. Increasing incidence of the acromegaly disease is expected to drive the growth. For instance, the disease prevalence increased fourfold in 2015 from its previous year 2014, according to a report by the Endocrine Society. Moreover, growing investment in clinical trials by various pharmaceutical companies to develop new molecules is another factor propelling the market growth.
Key Takeaways from the report:
- Somatostatin analogs segment is expected to emerge as the largest product segment in terms of revenue share in the forthcoming years, owing to easy availability and cost-effective treatment procedure of the product
- Hospital and clinics end use segment accounted for the largest market share as all the surgical procedures are performed in these facilities. Easy availability of surgeons Is anticipated to further drive the segment
- North America held the dominant market share in 2018, due to favorable government insurance policies and increased investment in R&D by the pharmaceutical companies. For instance, In May 2018, U.S. Congress approved the Right to Try bill, wherein patients can try unproven medical therapeutics in case of serious illness including orphan diseases like acromegaly
- Asia Pacific acromegaly treatment market is anticipated to witness lucrative growth in near future due to rising healthcare expenditure and R&D initiatives by pharmaceutical companies
- Some of the key players are Novartis AG; Ipsen Pharma; Pfizer Inc.; and Chiasma Inc.
Browse More Reports in Pharmaceuticals Industry:
Biosimilars Market – High prevalence of chronic diseases such as diabetes, cancer, growth hormone deficiency, and anemia is expected to further fuel market expansion in near future.
Contraceptives Market – The global contraceptives market is estimated to grow at a lucrative rate over the forecast period owing to, increasing the prevalence of sexually transmitted diseases and growing need for population control.
Furthermore, strong pipeline of drugs is anticipated to create growth opportunities in the forthcoming years. For instance, Mycapssa by Chiasma Inc. received approval in Europe in 2016. In 2018, Antisense Therapeutics launched their new formulation ALT1103 in U.S. ISIS 766720 by Ionis Pharmaceuticals Inc., a growth hormone receptor antagonist is currently under phase II clinical trial and is expected to be finished by December 2019.
The strong pipeline of drugs for somatostatin analogs is expected to propel growth of the acromegaly treatment market in near future. For instance, in 2018 around 30 clinical trials were being conducted in North America and many are waiting for the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval.
Grand View Research has segmented the global acromegaly treatment market on the basis of product, end use and region:
Acromegaly Treatment Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Somatostatin Analogs
Acromegaly Treatment End Use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Hospitals & Clinics
Acromegaly Treatment Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
Explore the BI enabled intuitive market research database, Navigate with Grand View Compass, by Grand View Research, Inc.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. This U.S.-based market research and consulting company is registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco. Comprising over 425 analysts and consultants, the company adds 1200+ market research reports to its extensive database each year. Supported by an interactive market intelligence platform, the team at Grand View Research guides Fortune 500 companies and prominent academic institutes in comprehending the global and regional business environment and carefully identifying future opportunities.
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:201, Spear Street, 1100
City: San Francisco
Country: United States