May 27th, 2019 –
- RedFalcon.AI partnered with the Academy of Art University in San Francisco to design a concept robot that embeds facial and object detection technology and can interact with human customers or visitors within commercial businesses.
- The robot’s design goal was to improve business and operational performance and increase customer engagement.
- The Robotics class were able to design robots that function prestigly in a human environment and could interact with customers within a retail store.
Ella Taran Katz, VP of Business Development at RedFalcon, recently stated, “It was interesting to witness the research conducted by the Masters students and how their insights have turned into wonderful robot designs with two design goals; improving or solving business operational needs and the intuitive interaction between robot and customers.”
The students were requested to use fetchrobotics.com as a base for their new design. Fetch’s Cloud Robotics Platform allows robots to function in a humanized environment. Additionally, the robot needed to contain an embedded sensor camera that would analyze the data in real time.
RedFalcon’s facial and object detection technology for Commercial IoT was incorporated within the design of the robots in order to utilize the power of facial and object detection technology to properly create a robot that can accomplish two main objectives within retail:
- improve or solve business operational needs, and
- establish intuitive interactions between the robot and customers.
RedFalcon’s solution, which includes a computer vision engine, conducts data analytics in real time by analyzing customer demographics and behavioral patterns, such as age, gender, attention time, ethnicity, mood, brand preferences, and even style.
By analyzing this data, retail owners gain a better understanding of their target audience and can adjust their product offerings based on customer needs and behavior. This leads to brand loyalty and heightened customer engagement. Additionally, shoppers get an enhanced user experience as retail robots built on computer vision technology can shorten lines at the cashier, ensure inventory is always up to date, and optimize the store to showcase the most relevant products for shoppers.
Application developers can seamlessly integrate RedFalcon’s facial and object detection SDK solution onto any local camera or Android device through a plug-and-play mechanism and immediately stream real time data from customer traffic.
RedFalcon’s powerful artificial intelligence technology allows these conceptual robot designs to be used by hardware vendors and retailers all over the world. The SDK solution as well as other face and object detection solutions are currently available for pilot customers.
Company Name: RedFalcon
Contact Person: Dana Reich-Adam, VP of Marketing
Email: Send Email
Phone: US: +1 (415)-795-7466, IL: 073-374-2863
Address:26 Elifelet Street
City: Tel Aviv