According to a report “MEA Parenteral Nutrition Market Analysis By Type of Nutrition (Carbohydrates, Parenteral Lipid Emulsions, Single Dose Amino Acid Solution, Trace Elements, Vitamins & Minerals), By Dosage Form, By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2018 – 2025”, published by Grand View Research, Inc. The MEA parenteral nutrition market is expected to reach USD 377.1 million by 2025 according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The MEA parenteral nutrition market is expected to witness lucrative growth over the forecast period owing to various parameters such as presence of large pool of malnourished children, rising premature births, increasing adoption by healthcare settings for nutrient administration in chronically ill geriatric patients, and rising prevalence rate of cancer within the region.
Key Takeaways from the report:
- Single dose amino acid solutions held a dominant share in 2016. This dominance is governed by the influx of innovative products. In addition, these innovative formulations are more efficient and cause lesser adverse effects.
- Intravenous lipid emulsions are anticipated to witness lucrative growth over the forecast period. Drug delivery through lipid emulsion is expected to showcase promising results as it results in minimal adverse effects such as irritation, pain, and thrombophlebitis.
- Bags dominated the Middle East parenteral nutrition market with more than 67.00% share in 2016. These packaging materials are easy to handle, transport, and are cost-efficient.
- Vials are used for smaller concentration dose, often in hospital compounding. Increasing focus on customized treatment is likely to boost the usage of vials.
- Saudi Arabia held largest share in MEA parenteral nutrition market in 2016. However, countries such as Kuwait, Oman, Lebanon, and Jordan are anticipated to gain remunerative share over the forecast period.
- Key market players of the MEA parenteral nutrition industry are B. Braun Melsungen AG; Baxter; Fresenius Kabi AG; Hospira Inc.; Qatar Pharma Factory; Pharmaceutical Solutions Industry; Kuwait Saudi Pharmaceutical Industries Co.; Alfa Laboratories; and Well Pharma.
Saudi Arabia parenteral nutrition market, by type of nutrition, 2014 – 2025 (USD Million)
Browse More Reports in Medical Devices Industry:
Acute Lymphocytic/Lymphoblastic Leukemia Therapeutics Market – Rise in incidence of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL) and increase in initiatives undertaken by public and private organizations are some of the key factors expected to drive acute lymphocytic/lymphoblastic leukemia therapeutics market growth.
Specialty Generics Market – The abovementioned factor is expected to bring down healthcare expenditure and boost the specialty generics market.
MEA parenteral nutrition market, by dosage form, 2016 (%)
Increasing prevalence of chronic conditions such as cancer unswervingly influences the use of parenteral nutrition across the globe. Parenteral nutrition helps in the administration of key vital nutrients that are useful in maintaining strength, energy, and hydration level in cancer patients, thus, acting a vital impact rendering driver expected to surge market growth over the forecast period.
Similarly, predominant existence of malnourished children and premature neonates that require these nutrients, is expected to further propel the growth. According to statistics published by the Knoema, a public data platform, the prevalence of the malnutrition in Middle East and North Africa in 2013 was around 6.04%, however, it has witnessed a decline over the period of time.
Grand View Research has segmented the MEA parenteral nutrition market by nutrient type, dosage form, and region:
MEA Parenteral Nutrition Nutrient Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 – 2025)
- Parenteral Lipid Emulsions
- Single Dose Amino Acid Solutions
- Trace Elements
- Vitamins and Minerals
MEA Parenteral Nutrition Dosage Form Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 – 2025)
- Multi chambered bags
- Other bags
MEA Parenteral Nutrition Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 – 2025)
- Saudi Arabia
Explore the BI enabled intuitive market research database, Navigate with Grand View Compass, by Grand View Research, Inc.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. This U.S.-based market research and consulting company is registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco. Comprising over 425 analysts and consultants, the company adds 1200+ market research reports to its extensive database each year. Supported by an interactive market intelligence platform, the team at Grand View Research guides Fortune 500 companies and prominent academic institutes in comprehending the global and regional business environment and carefully identifying future opportunities.
For more information: www.grandviewresearch.com
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:201, Spear Street, 1100
City: San Francisco
Country: United States