According to a report “U.S. Durable Medical Equipment Market Analysis Report By Product (Monitoring & Therapeutic Devices, Personal Mobility Devices, Bathroom Safety Devices & Medical Furniture), And Segment Forecasts, 2018 – 2025”, published by Grand View Research, Inc. The U.S. durable medical equipment market size is expected to reach USD 70.8 billion by 2025 at a 6.0% CAGR during the forecast period, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing prevalence of chronic diseases requiring long-term care, rapidly growing geriatric population, and increasing penetration of home healthcare services and staff are factors driving demand for durable medical equipment (DME).
Key Takeaways from the report:
- By product, monitoring and therapeutic devices held a lucrative share in the market. This segment is inclusive of a wide range of devices used for long-term care in case of numerous disorders such as cardiovascular and neurological ailments and cancer
- Personal mobility devices are anticipated to gain significant share over the forecast period, registering the fastest CAGR. Introduction of technologically advanced products is likely to aid this segment’s growth
- Key players in the market include ArjoHuntleigh; Invacare Corporation; Sunrise Medical; Stryker Corporation; Hill Rom, Inc.; Drive Medical; Medline Industries Inc.; Carex Health Brands, Inc.; and GF Health Products Inc.
- New product launches, mergers and acquisitions, and collaborations are some of the key strategic undertakings by these players
- In February 2017, Hill-Rom acquired Mortara Instrument, Inc., a Wisconsin-based medical device manufacturer to increase its medical device product portfolio and revenue growth.
Browse More Reports in Medical Devices Industry:
Injection Pen Market – Increasing incidence of diseases such as diabetes and arthritis, increasing geographical reach of market players, and high demand for safer and advanced drug delivery devices expected to drive the injection pen market during the forecast period.
Medical Device Cleaning Market – Increasing adoption of preventive measures to reduce hospital-acquired infections coupled with introduction of advanced materials & methods for reprocessing of medical equipment is augmenting the medical device cleaning market.
Chronic disorders such as diabetic foot, pressure ulcers, and cancer require long-term patient care and postoperative recovery. Rising prevalence of such conditions across the country is anticipated to boost the usage of DME.
Home healthcare is comparatively more economical than hospital stay. Hence, patients now prefer to avail post-operative recovery and long-term care at home. Rising demand for home healthcare services opens avenues for players in the DME market to upsell and cross-sell various products. This proliferation translates into significant market growth.
Expanding global geriatric population base is also expected to propel the U.S. DME market. Presently, there are over 40 million people in U.S., aged 65 years and above, and this number is anticipated to double by 2050.
Grand View Research has segmented the U.S. durable medical equipment market on the basis of product:
Durable Medical Equipment Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Personal Mobility Devices
- Walkers and Rollators
- Cranes and Crutches
- Door Openers
- Other Devices
- Bathroom Safety Devices & Medical Furniture
- Commodes and Toilets
- Mattress & Bedding Devices
- Monitoring & Therapeutic Devices
- Blood Sugar Monitors
- Continuous Passive Motion
- Infusion Pump
- Oxygen Equipment
- Continuous Positive Airway Pressure
- Suction Pump
- Traction Equipment
- Other Equipment
- Insulin Pumps
- Ostomy Bags and Accessories
- Wound Care Products
- Cardiology Devices
- Vital Signs Monitors
- Respiratory supplies
- Urinary supplies
- Diabetic Supplies
- Incontinence Products
- Orthopedic braces and support system
- Muscle Stimulators
Explore the BI enabled intuitive market research database, Navigate with Grand View Compass, by Grand View Research, Inc.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. This U.S.-based market research and consulting company is registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco. Comprising over 425 analysts and consultants, the company adds 1200+ market research reports to its extensive database each year. Supported by an interactive market intelligence platform, the team at Grand View Research guides Fortune 500 companies and prominent academic institutes in comprehending the global and regional business environment and carefully identifying future opportunities.
For more information: www.grandviewresearch.com
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:201, Spear Street, 1100
City: San Francisco
Country: United States