According to a report “North America Breast Reconstruction Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Implants, Expanders), By Shape (Round, Anatomical), By Region (Canada, U.S.), And Segment Forecasts, 2018 – 2025” published by Grand View Research, Inc, The North America Breast Reconstruction Market size is anticipated to reach USD 486.6 million by 2025 at a 4.5% CAGR during the forecast period, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. This growth can be attributed to increased awareness about physical appearance, particularly among women.
Key Takeaways from the report:
- By product, tissue expanders held the largest market share in 2017 and the segment is anticipated to exhibit significant growth over the forecast period due to their high application in mastectomy and lumpectomy surgeries
- Breast implants generated significant revenue in 2017 owing to significant concern among people to improve or alter their physical appearances
- Round shaped implants dominated the market in 2017. These result in soft, round, and accurately proportioned breasts and eliminate any risk arising from implant rotation
- Round shaped expanders are also expected to witness lucrative growth over the forecast period due to their ability to minimize visibility of implant ripples through the skin
- Anatomical shaped products are expected to show significant CAGR over the forecast period as they present lower risk of capsular contracture as compared to smooth implants and also give a natural-looking appearance
- U.S. dominated the regional market in 2017 due to increase in number of breast reconstruction surgeries in the country
- Canada is anticipated to show significant growth over the forecast period due to rising prevalence of breast cancer among the Canadian population
- Some of the major manufacturers are Mentor Worldwide LLC; Sientra, Inc.; IDEAL IMPLANT INCORPORATED; and Allergan.
Browse More Reports in Healthcare IT Industry:
Preclinical Imaging Market – The rising number of investments in research and development coupled with the constant pace of technological advancement leading to the development of hybrid imaging systems is primarily driving the growth of the global market.
Therapeutic Bed Market – The growing geriatric population base coupled with the rising cases of obesity, chronic conditions, and viral infections are expected to boost market growth over the forecast period.
Breast reconstruction is considered to be one of the top 5 cosmetic surgical procedures in U.S. since 2006. According to estimates, there has been a 39.0% increase in this procedure since 2000 and a 3.0% rise since 2015. Thus, with rising number of reconstruction procedures being performed, demand for associated products such as implants and tissue expanders has also increased.
According to the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, the number of women undergoing mastectomy procedures has increased by 36.0% during the period of 2005to 2013. Increasing prevalence of breast cancer, high mortality rate associated with it, and growing number of mastectomies being performed as a result are some of the factors anticipated to drive demand for implants and tissue expanders.
Furthermore, availability of advanced technologies in this field has supported market growth. For instance, single-stage breast reconstruction has evolved as an innovative technique that combines tissue expanders and implants into a single product.
Grand View Research has segmented the North America breast reconstruction market on the basis of product, shape, and region:
North America Breast Reconstruction Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Breast Implants
- Silicone Implants
- Saline Implants
- Breast Tissue Expanders
North America Breast Reconstruction Shape Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Round Implant
- Round Expander
North America Breast Reconstruction Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
Explore the BI enabled intuitive market research database, Navigate with Grand View Compass, by Grand View Research, Inc.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. This U.S.-based market research and consulting company is registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco. Comprising over 425 analysts and consultants, the company adds 1200+ market research reports to its extensive database each year. Supported by an interactive market intelligence platform, the team at Grand View Research guides Fortune 500 companies and prominent academic institutes in comprehending the global and regional business environment and carefully identifying future opportunities.
For more information: www.grandviewresearch.com
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:201, Spear Street, 1100
City: San Francisco
Country: United States