According to a report “Epigenetics Diagnostic Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Technology, By Product (Reagents, Kits, Instruments), By Application (Oncology, Non-oncology), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2019 – 2026” published by Grand View Research, Inc, The global Epigenetics Diagnostic Market size is expected to reach USD 21.7 billion by 2026, expanding at a CAGR of 18.8% over the forecast period, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing prevalence of cancer and other diseases across the globe, along with epigenetic modification base, is anticipated to fuel the industry growth during the forecast period.
Key Takeaways from the report:
- On the basis of product, reagents held the largest share owing to increasing R&D activities in field of epigenetics. Kits are expected to witness high demand over the forecast period, expanding at a CAGR of 19.2% due to need for rapid and accurate detection techniques
- Based on technology, DNA methylation held a major share in terms of revenue in 2018. Technological advancements such as Methylation Sensitive PCR (MSP) and rapid adoption of these products to improve diagnostics efficiency are the factors attributing to its largest share
- Growing prevalence of cancer with epigenetic modification is a key factor driving the oncology application segment. Solid tumors further dominated the segment in 2018
- North America emerged as a major regional market in 2018 due to factors such as high levels of patient awareness, growing collaborations between large pharmaceutical firms for development of improved therapeutics, increasing funding for R&D, and increasing cancer prevalence
- The market in Asia Pacific is estimated to witness significant growth over the forecast period with a CAGR of 20.9% owing to the presence of large target population having cancer, diabetes, and other chronic disorders, along with parallel unmet clinical needs
- Major players of the industry include Sigma-Aldrich Corporation; Valirx Plc; Oncolys Biopharma Inc.; Zymo Research Corporation; Qiagen; Thermo Fisher Scientific; Diagenode Diagnostics; and Illumina, Inc. Extensive R&D initiatives for development of novel drugs and presence of strong product pipeline are expected to further boost the market growth over the forecast period.
Browse More Reports in Clinical Diagnostics Industry:
Cardiac Biomarkers Market – The high prevalence rates of cardiovascular diseases worldwide and the rise in popularity in POC cardiac testing kits are expected to fuel the market growth
Lung Cancer Diagnostics Market – Technological advancements pertaining to tumor diagnosis contribute towards the Lung Cancer Diagnostics Market growth.
Diagnostic companies are upgrading their products by implementing new techniques for attaining specific and sensitive results. Companies such as Abcam plc, Invitrogen, and Sigma Aldrich Corporation are developing a new range of Chromatin immunoprecipitation (ChIP)-validated antibodies specific for detection of histone modifications at various loci.
In addition, many biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies and academic research organizations are collaborating to promote the growth of the epigenetics diagnostic industry. Companies such as Epigenomics, OncoMethylome Sciences, and Orion Genomics have collaborated with other laboratories and diagnostic companies that have licensed their technology for development of Laboratory-developed Tests (LDTs).
Technological advancements resulting in increased accuracy, portability, and cost-effectiveness are expected to be a high-impact rendering driver in the market. For instance, Diagenode has developed automated kits for detection and purification of methylated DNA.
Grand View Research has segmented the global epigenetics diagnostic market on the basis of product, technology, application, and region:
Epigenetics Diagnostic Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2026)
- ChIP Sequencing Kit
- Whole Genomic Amplification Kit
- Bisulfite Conversion Kit
- RNA Sequencing Kit
Epigenetics Diagnostic Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2026)
- DNA Methylation
- Histone Methylation
- Histone Acetylation
- Large non-coding RNA
- MicroRNA modification
- Chromatin structures
Epigenetics Diagnostic Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2026)
- Solid tumors
- Liquid tumors
- Inflammatory diseases
- Metabolic diseases
- Infectious diseases
- Cardiovascular diseases
Epigenetics Diagnostic Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2026)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa (MEA)
- South Africa
- United Arab Emirates
- Saudi Arabia
Explore the BI enabled intuitive market research database, Navigate with Grand View Compass, by Grand View Research, Inc.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. This U.S.-based market research and consulting company is registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco. Comprising over 425 analysts and consultants, the company adds 1200+ market research reports to its extensive database each year. Supported by an interactive market intelligence platform, the team at Grand View Research guides Fortune 500 companies and prominent academic institutes in comprehending the global and regional business environment and carefully identifying future opportunities.
For more information: www.grandviewresearch.com
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:201, Spear Street, 1100
City: San Francisco
Country: United States