The South Africa hemodialysis & peritoneal dialysis market size is anticipated to reach USD 847.2 million by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Rising incidence of end-stage renal disease (ESRD) is likely to drive the market to register a 7.1% CAGR during the forecast period.
Sedentary lifestyle, lack of exercise, alcohol consumption, and increase in incidence of diabetes and high blood pressure are driving the occurrence of ESRD, which is expected to support market growth. According to data by the Clinical Kidney Journal, prevalence of chronic kidney disease in Africa was about 13.9% in 2016. An article published in the NCBI finds that the most common cause of ESRD is increase in prevalence of obesity and diabetes.
Dialysis and transplantation are two options available to patients suffering from severe kidney damage or kidney failure. Low availability of kidney donors is propelling the demand for dialysis. According to statistics provided by eNews Channel Africa, in 2016, about 2,096 patients were awaiting kidney transplants at Gauteng, a northern province of South Africa. This scenario is expected to remain unchanged over the forecast period, thereby acting as a major driver for the hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis market.
Request a sample Copy of the South Africa Hemodialysis & Peritoneal Dialysis Market Research Report @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/south-africa-hemodialysis-peritoneal-dialysis-market/request/rs1
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Hemodialysis has been identified as the largest segment by type as the duration of treatment is shorter than that of peritoneal dialysis
- By product, the services segment accounted for the largest share owing to introduction of new dialysis centers, treatment options, and software
- On the basis of end use, the home-based segment is poised to exhibit the fastest growth rate thanks to advantages of convenience, cost-effectiveness, and time flexibility offered by home-based dialysis
- Various industry participants offer a wide portfolio of products for dialysis. Key players include Fresenius Medical Care AG & Co. KGaA; B.Braun Avitum AG; NIPRO Medical Corporation; DaVita, Inc.; and Baxter
- Strategic initiatives such as mergers and acquisitions are anticipated to help market players in expanding their presence and staying competitive in the industry
- In August 2017, Fresenius Medical Care signed an agreement to acquire NxStage Medical, Inc. The acquisition was aimed expanding the product portfolio of the former, along with its client base and geographic foothold.
Have Any Query? Ask Our Experts @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/inquiry/4978/ibb
Grand View Research has segmented the South Africa hemodialysis & peritoneal dialysis market on the basis of type, product, and end use:
Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Peritoneal Dialysis
Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
Browse Related Report:
Pharmacy Automation Devices Market : https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/pharmacy-automation-market
Healthcare 3D Printing Market : https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/healthcare-3d-printing-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. This U.S.-based market research and consulting company is registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco. Comprising over 425 analysts and consultants, the company adds 1200+ market research reports to its extensive database each year. Supported by an interactive market intelligence platform, the team at Grand View Research guides Fortune 500 companies and prominent academic institutes in comprehending the global and regional business environment and carefully identifying future opportunities.
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:201, Spear Street, 1100
City: San Francisco
Country: United States