The U.S. freestanding emergency department market size is expected to reach USD 7.5 billion by 2026, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., registering a 5.3% CAGR during the forecast period. The market is expected to grow owing to increasing consumerism in healthcare in terms of consumer-driven health plans, rising preference for convenience care, and increase in federal funding. In addition, increasing burden of patient population at hospital emergency departments for treating medical conditions like stroke and chest pain is likely to boost FSED settings over the coming years.
The growth of the freestanding ED segment opens up opportunities for independent companies such as Adeptus and hospitals such as HCA Healthcare, Inc. (HCA); Tenet Healthcare Corporation (THC); and Community Health Systems, Inc. (CYH). As the need for emergency room (ER) services grows, independent providers such as market leader Adeptus Health and numerous private equity-backed companies are contributing actively to the industry. Also, large acute care hospitals such as HCA, Tenet, and Community Health address this demand through buildout of freestanding ERs.
Request a Sample Copy of the U.S. Freestanding Emergency Department Market Research Report @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/us-freestanding-emergency-department-market/request/rs1
FSEDs were first established in Texas. But now many facilities are being built in other states such as Arizona and Colorado and it is expected that more construction will take place in the next few years in other states as well. While large hospital systems are implementing their strategies for FSEDs, shifting of patient volume can be observed from smaller hospitals and those with extremely crowded EDs toward FSEDs.
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- In 2018, the Hospital Outpatient Department (HOPD) segment dominated the market in terms of revenue. This is attributed to overcrowding of hospital ERs and availability of high reimbursement for treatment at HOPD when compared with Independent Freestanding Emergency Department (IFSED), where no reimbursement is available if the facility is not affiliated
- Laboratory service held the largest share in the U.S market due to increasing patient volume for immediate care at FSEDs and increased patient preference for walk-in clinics. Laboratory test results are important for any diagnostic procedure and inpatient management decisions and are a significant contributor to ED patient flow
- The U.S. market has witnessed facility expansion through mergers and acquisitions by key players, which combine various services together and thus increase the overall market revenue
- Key players operating in the U.S. Freestanding Emergency Department market include Adeptus Health Inc.; Tenet Healthcare Corporation; Universal Health Services, Inc.; HCA Healthcare, Inc.; Community Health Systems, Inc.; Ascension Health; Legacy Lifepoint Health, Inc.; Ardent Health Services; and Emerus.
Have Any Query? Ask Our Experts @ www.grandviewresearch.com/inquiry/6087/ibb
Grand View Research has segmented the U.S. Freestanding Emergency Department market based on ownership and service:
U.S. FSED Ownership Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 – 2026)
- Hospital Outpatient Department (HOPD)
- Independent Freestanding Emergency Department (IFSED)
U.S. FSED Service Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 – 2026)
- Emergency Department Service
- Imaging Service
- Laboratory Service
Browse Related Report:
U.S. Durable Medical Equipment Market: www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/us-durable-medical-equipment-dme-market
U.S. Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Products Market: www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/us-emergency-medical-services-ems-products-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. This U.S.-based market research and consulting company is registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco. Comprising over 425 analysts and consultants, the company adds 1200+ market research reports to its extensive database each year. Supported by an interactive market intelligence platform, the team at Grand View Research guides Fortune 500 companies and prominent academic institutes in comprehending the global and regional business environment and carefully identifying future opportunities.
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:201, Spear Street, 1100
City: San Francisco
Country: United States